Any suggestions where i could get those form.?

Hi All,

I amPrachi and have just shifted to SHanghai. It was gr8 to see all the active Indians online nad looking forward to meet some. I have a couple of queries.. I went to the wet market on DaGu road, but was thoroughly confused as to which amost all the leafy veges was Palak (Spinach). Also i failed to see veges like Methi and Curry leaves.. any suggestions where i could get those form.?

Regards,
Prachi

Hello Prachi and welcome to Expat.com!

A new discussion has been created on the Shanghai forum for better visibility.

I hope that other members will help you son.

Harmonie.:)

hi prachi
even i get thoroughly confused about palak and methi...i got a pack of dried kasuri methi from india and use that for my aloo methi parantha.
may be one can try the frozen spinach at City Shop.I got a pack of fresh curry leaves from City Shop at the Nanjing West store.Im sure all their stores will have it.11 yuan for a pack... OUCH!!! especially coz my mom grows so many curry leaf plants in our garden in delhi... :):rolleyes:

and hey welcome to Shanghai...tell us more about you.where are you staying?

HA HA HA Enjoy finding these vegetables here.
I arrived 3 weeks ago from San Frnacisco! Still trying to find proper food!

I live in Huangpu District ... I am architect working here
Originally from mumbai

What about u Prachi>

Hey Ayusskumar,

Well you might be surprised coz Shanghai actually has great food to offer.. If you are interested in Indian food there are loads of good restaurants.. Italian, Mexican, meditte, etc..the list goes on. You could try Chinese food as well.. I stay close to Xintandi with my husband. I work too so usually have only the weekends to explore the city.. Welcome to Shanghai.. It's a gr8  place and I m sure u will like it here...

Prachi

Hi prachi,

Good to hear that u r a working women... im also searching a job here in shanghai..can you plz help where to go n whom to consult for jobs... i have done my Masters in Agri. Economics n have also worked as finance analyst for Quintiles earlier in India... n also let me plz know if u were able to find methi n curry leaves...

I don't know about all the differents in Indian Vegi Stuff. But Suggest you to try CitySuper. They have a lot stuff for all kind of world Kitchen. It is located in the Basement of IFC Mall in Liujiazui.

Note: hope to see many of the SH Indian Friends tomorrow for our first Gathering 2012: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=134555

well at shinmay union square Pudong there is a New Age Mall..and a very good vege market at the underground Chefs Kitchen shop