Shopping for household necessities

Hi There,
I have been in Beijing for 4 days now.
I'm still trying to get my feet on the ground or find out which way is up...
I'm looking for a place where i can buy household linen like:
Bedding- sheets, pillowcases
Bathroom bits - towels, bath mats
Kitchen bits - cleaning rags, dish cloths.
Apart from IKEA, where else could i go to find these things?
Most shopping centers I've found here have clothing shops. So that's no help.

If there is a chain store i could look out for, please let me know. If not, then please let me know where you all have gone to get your much needed supplies :)

Hi AnewWorld-DDS!

Maybe you could post an advert in the Buy and Sell section of Beijing classifieds.
It might help ;)

Regards
Armand

You can also get all that stuff at Hualian. It's a chain store that carries groceries, produce and home supplies.

Carrefour is another groceries, produce, and home supply chain store.

Thank you both for your advice, i will be checking these places out Tomorrow.

For bed sheets and pillow cases...

If your close to the Euro Plaza, there is a store inside (4th floor I think) with some pretty reasonable discounts on bedding. 

I would only attempt it if your close to the Shunyi area because the colours may not be what you want and it would be a shame to waste a trip from down town.

I just happened to be browsing around on the weekend and picked up some pretty reasonable pillow cases.

Thank you for the discounts tip....because they do seem to be a bit on the pricey side. I thought with this being Asia they would have been much cheaper.

Where are you in Beijing?  Euro Plaza is out in the Shunyi area.

Ig you want local prices you will get local quality.  If that is okay for you, it is for me, you can buy eveything in the closest BIG Jingkelong Supermarket, if you want a tad cheaper then go out to the Muxiyuan Fabric Market http://www.thebeijinger.com/directory/M … ric-Market

and if you need furniture then try LilyRose's Wooden Furniture Warehouse. She has an on-line Taobao shop http://lilyrose.taobao.com/ and a large warehouse in the Tongzhou District

These things you can find them in smalltao.com .And you would have a cheap price .