Best areas to live... and anyone for surfing, park or pasteis?! ;)

We have just moved to Lisbon and are currently staying in a holiday apartment in Cascais. We are looking at longer term rentals and are thinking more about living in Lisbon itself. Cascais is very pretty but a tiny bit too quiet for our wild Italian blooded children ;)

I think we must be true Southern European city dwellers and as my husband's work is near the airport, I think we would do better in Lisbon. Could anyone recommend some nice areas? We've already looked online at the Lapa and Campo de Ourique areas, but would love to hear where some funky types might be living too!!

Also, would anyone fancy meeting up this month for a coffee or play in the park with my two crazy children and me?!

Hope to hear from you soon!!

Beijos :)

Hi emmis,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Thank you for this introduction.

I hope you receive lot of replies and find lot of new contacts here.

Hello Emmis,

Did you find the apartment that you were looking for?

Regards,

Hi Amelia,

Thanks for asking! Finally we've found somewhere, but we can't move in until October so we're going to be staying just around the corner, near Praca das Flores (sorry, can't do wiggle on the c!).

Are you in Lisbon?

xxx

Hello :)

Yes, i'm from Lisbon, not far from Praça das Flores :) You will be near of everywhere, of Bairro Alto, Baixa-Chiado :) cool!