Just introducing myself for a sec

Hi all!
My name is Devyn and I am an ex peace corps volunteer who found her home here in Madland.  I just moved back from the states to Antananarivo and am now in the fun process of finding a job.  Already got myself settled into a quiet little community and am looking to make myself some more friends in this awesome country. 
I love cooking, reading, chatting about world events, seeing new films, traveling, and writing about all that goes on in my crazy existence.  Once I have my blog up and running ill link it to my profile. 

Happy to meet you all!

-Devyn

Hi Devyn,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Thank you for your introduction.

Hi, Devyn :)
If you'd like to chat sometime, this is my Skype nick: molotkompogolove

Hi there,
How long have u been there?
We are from Canada and are considering  an expat experience in Madagascar - either in Tana or Toamasina.  We are most concerned at this point about managing the Malaria risk for our children aged 3, 6 and 12.  Do u know how other expats deal with the risk for their children, since we understand young kids can't take meds for it?  Wondering if it is too much of a risk for our kids?
What r u most enjoying about living there?  How much interaction and support do u receive from other expats in the community (easy or challenging to cultivate supports/friends?)
-Tammy

Devo,

I am an American looking to move to Madagascar.  I want to teach English there but I have had a hard time finding schools.  Will it be easy to find a job teaching English in Madagascar especially Business English?  Thanks for your help.

Isaac

hi
i am Egyptian working as a budgeting accountant and search for one teach me English In contrast teach him Arabic really i'm very interested

Well, I am living in the State looking to move in the next month.  I want to find a full time job teaching English especially Business English. Are there many schools to teach Business English?  Do you want a private tutor?

Hello globetrekker7!

I would suggest you rather to post in the classifieds or communicate by PM, thank you.

Harmonie.

globetrekker7 wrote:

Devo,

I am an American looking to move to Madagascar.  I want to teach English there but I have had a hard time finding schools.  Will it be easy to find a job teaching English in Madagascar especially Business English?  Thanks for your help.

Isaac

Or maybe you should try to start your own language school here. Once, roaming in the city, I saw the ad board of English language classes.

Dear Globtrekker7,
To teach english here in madagascar really involves creating your own contact system and exploring the possibilities that arise. There are some schools that are established like the English Teaching Program but they are more than just business english.  Most people I teach english for are found through friends and people I have met through clubs and other activities. Sorry I cant help you further! You can always go on Jobmada.com too and look through postings. Every once in a while there is a business looking for a specific type of english or language instructor.
Good luck!

Bonjour,

Je m'appelle Nivo. Je serai bien ravie d'avoir des amichats pour discuter.J'aimerai avoir des Amies !!!.

A plus

Hi Nivo,

You should post in English in this anglophone forum.

Thank you very much. :)

hi Christine,

Where do you from,So I m sorry I dont speak english pretty well.

Hi nandriamanjaka!

You could post on the francophone forum here: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=4047

Regards
Armand

Hi, I am Sangita coming again to Madagascar within 2-3 months.
I am translator. Nature lover.

Hello Sangita.Bapat -> To note that this thread is dated 2011 and is quite old. ;)

Thank you,
Aurélie