Looking for a college in Germany

I would like to study in Germany for a year as a mathematics major, but am not familiar with German schools. Can anyone tell me the names of the best couple of schools in Germany or direct me to where I can find school rankings? I would like to try to attend the best possible school (the Harvard of Germany).

Thank you for your help.

Scott

Hi Scott,
I'm afraid there is no 'Harvard of Germany'. The mere thought of elite schools or universities has long been frowned upon, as everybody anywhere in Germany should be granted the best education possible. Only in recent years, it has been possible for universities to apply for extra funding in order to become something more elite-like. But the term elite is still not used by official sources, rather by the media (who love to use the word 'elite-uni').
Six of the universities receive the attractive funding:
RWTH Aachen, FU Berlin, as well as the universities of Heidelberg, Konstanz, Göttingen and Freiburg. But this doesn't necessarily mean that the academic teaching level here is higher than anywhere else. It only means that these institutions have the best concepts in regard to how to ensure world-class research work (in order to attract the best researchers in the future).
So that doesn't help you really. But I found an article which might be more useful:
http://ranking.zeit.de/che9/CHE_en?modu … esb=3&ab=0
And it's in English! It doesn't say anywhere how old it is, but it shouldn't be older than two years.
I wish you good luck with your choice!

hello guys, i wanna ask about a university at Germany for Master program with Business Master faculty..Could you gave me a reffereces..

Hello,

I studied at the University of Mannheim in 2007. I would say that the universities in Germany are in some ways similar to the ones in the US. For example, some universities are better at certain subjects or focus more on certain fields. You will need to research which universities are really good in your field. Mannheim, for example, has a fairly well known and respected business school. The way in which they teach classes is quite different than the US though. Far fewer assignments and hand-holding. I would recommend Mannheim or Heidelberg. Heidelberg is well respected as well and the city is absolutely amazing. Mannheim, while lacking the charm of its near-by neighbor, is a fairly central city in Europe, which grants you plenty of opportunities to travel.

http://relocatingtogermany.blogspot.com/