Orthodontist in Malta

Hi,

Could you recommend a good orthodontist?

I've had braces for 1.5 years. I moved to Malta 2 months ago and have problems to find a doctor who could continue the treatment.

Do you know how much is a consulation? Are you satisfied with the quality?

Thank you very much for info :)

Our daughter went to Kevin Mulligan (Orthodontist) @ Camilleri Dental Clinic in Sliema

Address: 15, Regent House, Triq Bisazza, Sliema SLM 1641

Phone: 21 330 468

Email: [email protected]

He didn't charge us anything as he just did 3 or 4 retainer checks over a period of about a year (the braces were done in the USA before we moved here). There was one retainer repair that he charged about 20 EURO for.

We would recommend, based on our limited experience. We don't think there are may Orthodontists on the island, but could be wrong on that.

Regards
Tim

Thank you very much Tim,

Unfortunately, I've been there already and the lady at the reception told me that the doctor doesn't treat foreigners. That was very strange. She asked me where the braces had been done and after I replied that I'm from Poland she said it would be impossible to become a regular patient.

What she might not know is that my country's medical service is muuuuuuch better than in Malta. I felt very strange by being rejected in this way, especially after you said now that foreigners DO get treatment there.

I will come back there and see what she says. Maybe I deserve the honour to see the Emperor ...or maybe not. I'm frustrated :(

Thanks anyway!

Wow! I am very sorry and surprised to hear that. As far as I know our national status was never a concern to them.

You could try a google search for health or medical tourism for Malta - I just did that and 3 or 4 clinics came up...a couple with reviews on one site...I think they would be receptive to foreigners.

Good luck.

Tim

brand.new.day wrote:

Unfortunately, I've been there already and the lady at the reception told me that the doctor doesn't treat foreigners.

hopefully they meant they wouldn't treat people who had braces fitted overseas (for some reason), rather than wouldn't treat foreigners - otherwise one for the newspapers

It is a pity that I found this thread so late. I took both my kids to Dr. Mulligan at Camilleri clinic. I was quite impressed by the service provided. Perhaps you might have misunderstood the receptionist? I am sure Dr Mulligan must have seen countless foreigners given the fact that there are only a very few orthodontists on the island of Malta. I suggest you go back to the clinic make an appointment and start afresh.