Single parent moving to POM with 2 kids

Just wanted to get an idea of what to expect when moving with 2 kids to POM. Firstly, I am trying t find schools that would accommodate my kids, one primary one preschool. Firstly, they are coming from USA school system and I gather that schools there are based on the Australian school system.

How different are the two systems and what are my options with schools - public, private or Catholic schools?

Is the threat of malaria really that high where I need to have my kids take malaria pills daily necessary?

Of course there is the constant mention about safety, that being said, should I get a car while I am there since I may be there up to 2yrs?

Thanks
J

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks guys

Hi and welcome on board jadeane!

I hope other members will help you soon :)

Regards
Armand

Hi Jadeane,

I can't help regards children in POM as I rotate back to my family in Aus, but a car is essential for safely getting around as taxis can't be trusted. Preferably a 4WD as some of the roads have large holes and it makes driving a bit more comfortable.

The Malaria risk is small. I've spent a lot of time in Africa and the malaria risk in POM is minimal as long as you take basic precautions like sprays and covering up at night.

Hope this helps a bit.

Bronte