Soon to arrive in al ain

I'm a 26year old woman from South Africa about to move to Al Ain to teach. Nervous about the move and keen to make friends and connect with other expats experiencing the same thing!

Welcome to Expat.com, Pam!

I'll move your topic to the forum of Al Ain; it will help you make more easy connections there :)

Cheers
Arlette

Hey Pamdej,

Well i wish you a safe trip to al ain, just dont worry a lot bout it. hopefully you will meet and make friends over here.

good luck :)

Hello, which school will u b working in? I am a Candian living here, I am married to an emirati and we have 3 kids. If you have q's just message me :)

Heya,

I'm half Dutch /half Danish living in Brussels and maybe moving to Al Ain.

My partner's been offered a job in Abu Dhabi, but will be traveling around the Middle East for his work during the weekdays, so I decided just to settle wherever I could get a great job opportunity in the region. I have an interview lined up at the United Arab Emirates University in AL Ain that I'm excited about, so if all goes well I may be moving there shortly. I'm 28 and would love to meet other newcomers, so if the move becomes definitive I'll definitely be in touch. All the best of luck with ur move Pamdej

Hi Pam, I am also about to move to Al Ain to teach. Just awaiting flight details from ADEC. WHo knows, we may end up in the same school. Once I'm over there, I'll let you know via here.

Wow a lot of ppl here to teach huh -- nice!

Hope you are settling in well Padmej and the interview went super Maj!

Cheers
-H

Still waiting for my date shoudl be the 1st of sept, stressed about all the waiting, wanna get over and start getting to know people and creating a life fore myself! Should see ya'll soon!!

Hi there, i'm now in Abu Dhabi, living in a hotel and still awaiting a placement. Today is last working day as Eid starts next week, so thats us till 4th Sept i'm guessing.
Its very hot, but very beautiful. you'll love it when you eventually get here.

Hey Padmej

Don't get stressed about the dates -- looks like you should be coming in during the Eid holidays - that should be fun! (Not so much if you are planing on getting something official done :-P )

Are you getting an accommodation along with the job? else I suggest you spend time scouting the sites for the available ones - to get an idea of the rents' etc.

Ivray -- AD that's nice. If you like AD adn the greens - you are going to love Al Ain!!
Awaiting placement?? You mean with your accommodation?

Hey Back in Al AIn,
yes I'm awaiting confirmation of school and accommodation details. But living in a 5star hotel in the meantime isnt too bad!