Seeking Employment

Bonjour!
I'm new to the Department and is frantically seeking work in Morbihan, Cote d' amor or Finistre. I'm a UK qualified teacher of English, originally from Cape Town but willing to do ANY job even at minimum wage. Have just started to learn French informally. Hope to hear from you.

hi, im beth. i came here just 2 months now. im a primary teacher by profession in the philippines but im willing to do any legal and decent work here. anyone can help me find and get work from any of the retail store here in ACT? im in Belconnen area.
thank you.
hope to hear from you folks

Hi Ms. Beth

Have you tried to apply as a primary school teacher there?

Sybel

yes, but my qualification in the philippines is not recognize here. i need to go to uni here again which i dont feel like doing yet at the moment. so im looking for other alternative jobs that doesnt need schooling at all

Hi Jesuismoi & Bethbersinic!

Yes I understand, our diplomas here are not valid but if you're interested to work in France, you can both subscribe at Pôle emploi near your place but as for Beth I'm not quite sure if 2 months stay is enough to be registered at Pôle emploi. Anyways, you can check their website www.pole-emploi.fr or go directly at their office. There are jobs there that require English speaker although you still need to speak French.  You might find a job that fits your qualifications then you can send your CV in french or go directly to the address of the employer. You have to declare  your job later to pôle emploi if ever you get hired . Most of the employers asked for experience, others don't. I'm subscribed at Pôle emploi. I went there with French words I've learn and know and even I'm alone I was able to do it so I'm sure you can do too. Their job is to help unemployed people and I believe they also offer formal French lessons that would lead you to a nicer job later, which I'll inquire in the future because I'm eager on speaking fluent French or at least get myself properly understood by French people. I already took French lessons which for me is obligatory like most foreign. I had my written and oral exam done early this year (also called DILF exam) but that exam was pretty easy (just the basics and that are useful for your daily life). Sometimes the problem even we speak English its kind of useless in France because you really have to learn French. French people won't learn English for us.  If you speak French that's a plus because many employers are expecting to hire french speaker although English is a plus for jobs at camping sites or hotels where English speaker tourists go for summer. On other hand, works in factories, such as chicken factory for instance, they're not asking if you're fluent in French because you won't speak French to the dead chickens. Other alternative jobs are cleaning jobs or jobs taking care or assisting elderly people.  If you're aren't too picky and don't mind those kind of jobs there's a lot of offers for sure.

That's about it!
Goodluck on your job search.

Cath