Salary and cost of living - IT job

Hi,

I am a software professional in India working for a big US consulting Company.I have around 4+ years of experience in software consulting(Oracle).
I want to know the range of salary I can expect form a job in Canada.How much will be the cost of living and my savings per month approx?

There's a pretty broad range of answers to your question...
Salary wise, this site seems to be deliver pretty decent information.  salary calculator

For the bills/savings - it all depends how big your family is or if you have one...where you live, buy/rent, car, utilities - many factors...

However, being that you're in IT (my industry) there's a good chance that you'll settle around Toronto, Montreal, Ottawa, Vancouver...one of the bigger places.  Costs of living are higher.  Rent for a home can be ~1200-1600 on avg per month.  If you're single, you can get a small apartment for >700/month.  Bills can run anywhere from 200-400 /month. 

My guesstimate is that your salary might run somewhere between 2500-4000/month - so you can start working the math right there.

I just welcomed someone like you to the Ottawa area, helping him through the same questions.  I did a write-up on it, and have some more entries on Canadian life that you might find interesting...  good luck!  Let me know if you have any other questions!
mare ad mare - new to canada