Suburbs for Expats

Hi

What is the name of the suburbs in ACcra that is mostely dominated by expats. Preferably close to beaches and or resorts (like to spend time outdoors after work by walking on the beach etc.)

Accra is pretty close to the sea wherever you are but you would probably have to be close to the Labadi area to be near the beach.
Expats congregate in Osu, Labone, Cantonments and Airport Residential.

Great thanks. I presume it is safe and their is good facilities in the areas (Health care, schooling, Dining, shopping, etc)?

Yes, all those things are available

hkann wrote:

Yes, all those things are available

Hkann, I love to read everything you write.  Please give me some info again.  I need to know:
1..  the best dentist in Accra
2.  the best dr.
3.  The best hospital

I was supposed to fly to Ghana on the 4th but due to a shortage of the Yellow Fever vaccination I had to postpone my trip to the end of Oct (Thats when they expect it back in South Africa).  I even phoned Swaziland and Lesotho but even they were out of stock.  Then this week my sister found a travel clinic in Cape Town who had very little stock so I flew there to get it.  Now I'm booked on the flight to Ghana on the 11th of August.  Can't wait.

The only medical treatment I have had since I've been here is a tooth crowned and I had that done by Beaver Clinic in Airport Residential. He did a good job but be prepared to wait for treatment even if you have an appointment!
I don't think there are doctors like there are in the UK or Hong Kong where I was before where you can just go for treatment. I think the doctors tend to be attached to hospitals or clinics. I have heard that Lister Hospital is OK and then there is Akai Clinic which is near the American Embassy.
I am sure you will enjoy your stay.

Closed