Pediatrician in Sliema

Hello

Could anyone recommend a good Pediatrician in Sliema area? Our boy is now one month old but he was born premature by 1 and a half month. Hospital set up an appointment for us at the end of next month in a baby clinic in Floriana but as we don't have a car we rather have someone closer in case of an emergency.And honestly I'd like a check on him a little sooner.I heard St. James Hospital(private) have a service like that. Any idea about the cost? Or is there any better option?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Andrea

Hi Andrea,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

I hope other members will be able to advise you.

Hi Andrea
I have been investigating the same thing as I am expecting a baby mid August. I have found a paediatrician who works wed, thur and fri (but only after 4pm strangely) in St Julians. His name is Professor Simon Attard. I have been told that the only round the clock paedriatic care you can rely on is Mater Dei which is really frustrating. I would like to find one who at least works 5-7 days a week 9-5. If you find out anything further please let me know too. Have you been living in Malta for a while? I have just arrived from London and finding it lovely and sunny but quite frustrating and small at the same time!
Annabel

Hi Annabel

Thank you for your reply.

No, not really long. We moved here last April after 7 years in London (10 for my partner).So I can totally understand the feeling of small and frustrating you talking about. Anyway, I booked an appointment for today with a pediatrician at St.James hospital. It's a private hospital so we'll have to pay. I'll let you know how it goes.

Andrea

Hi Andrea,
How did it go with the Pediatrician? Would you mind telling me what the fees were?
Thanks so much!
Ps. I gather you lived in Chiswick in London? We were in Battersea until last November then moved here due to my husbands job. If you ever fancy meeting up for coffee with a fellow brit let me know.