Moving with kids to Ecuador

Would like to correspond with expats who have kids that have moved from the states in the past few years.
Am trying to get my ducks in a row to move to Ecuador prior to retirement. Kids will need a school as they are 10 yrs old.
Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Hello texassheltie57 and welcome to Expat.com!

I hope that other members will give some advice to you soon.

Harmonie.:)

Check out Gringosabroad.com   They moved to Cuenca with young children and have blogged about lots of things.  They could probably help you.

Hi!
I'm from Ecuador but grew up in the States. What city are you considering moving to?
If you come to Quito you have some good of options for Education which range from 100% English to bilingual, with IB programs, AP Classes and without.....
I'll throw in a couple options you might be interested in checking:

Colegio Americano
Academia Cotopaxi
British School
Colegio Britanico Internacional
Alliance Academy International
Albert Einstein

You have to do your homework and find out about how much you have to pay and if they are in your budget as good education hera can be costly (specially if you want your kids to have the same level Education they'd have in the States..... I wouldn't recommend public schools in Ecuador as the educational system is not the same here as in the States.

Hope this helps and let me know if you decide to come to Ecuador.

Good luck

I'd love to bring this old post to life and see if I can hear back with any specifics on the schools that are listed... or any other advice for bringing schooled aged kids to live in the Quito area.

Many thanks!

It has been over 3 years since any of these people posted anywhere.  Good luck!!

We moved here in 2009 with our then 8-year-old daughter. But we homeschooled and now she studies distance education to finish her high school. Sorry I don't have any specifics on the schools here.

(Moderated: no free ads on the forum pls + register in the business directory)