PS3 In Egypt !

Hello

Recently I bought PS3 from Gamevalley at higher then international market or at-least as compare to UAE for around 3300 LE. My dream became worst nightmare when it comes to buy games here as the prices are reaching the heights and seems like they have completely monopolized the PS3 game market. Interestingly I found original CDs from 150 - 500 LE which is way to high specially for a gamer like me who finish the entire game during weekend :)

Anyways making long story short I will not travel out of egypt to buy games so was just wondering if there is any trend to rent or exchange the games in Egypt among PS3 Fans

500 LE :S
i wouldn't pay 50 LE for a game
actually sometimes i use ps2 emulator or wii emulator instead of buying ps or wii  xD
well i don't know about ps3
but i can get emulators for " psp , ps2 , wii and gamecube "
and also a site where you download games and play on ur pc

you can go to Serag mall in nasr city end of makram ebeid street as they have alot of PS3 games by cheap price!

if i'm near i'll pass & ask about the price :)

@ Don thanks mate I would be grateful if you can check the price over there. I would like to mention here is the PS3 I bought can run only original CD can't run the pirated one

alimirza wrote:

@ Don thanks mate I would be grateful if you can check the price over there. I would like to mention here is the PS3 I bought can run only original CD can't run the pirated one

ok bro dont worry

how about this, create a page on this forum whereby all PS3 users can share their games together, this entails meeting, and making new friends, so that could be worthwhile :D

my young brother in Cairo has a PS3, completely addicted to it, God of War, Heavy Rain etc.

nice idea...will create a topic to see

legacy wrote:

how about this, create a page on this forum whereby all PS3 users can share their games together, this entails meeting, and making new friends, so that could be worthwhile :D

my young brother in Cairo has a PS3, completely addicted to it, God of War, Heavy Rain etc.

:one

:D

Don Moe ur too kind :P

he was also complaining about game prices, wanted me to check with friends abroad if they can buy cheap games there, i figure, if people play a game, finish it, and want to play another, why pay for a new one? borrow and lend, make a new friend (that should be the tag line for this venture)

theres even a good meeting place in nasr city; that book shop called bekya, near genena mall

legacy wrote:

:D

Don Moe ur too kind :P

he was also complaining about game prices, wanted me to check with friends abroad if they can buy cheap games there, i figure, if people play a game, finish it, and want to play another, why pay for a new one? borrow and lend, make a new friend (that should be the tag line for this venture)

theres even a good meeting place in nasr city; that book shop called bekya, near genena mall

thanks bro :D plus its a good idea to borrow and lend i totaly agree with you  :top:

Dear Ali,

We noticed that you were looking for a place to rent PS3 games from. We at [moderated: advertisement isn't free] have over 100 titles of PS3 games available for rent .Subscription is 300 LE a year and each game you rent is for 25 LE ONLY. You can keep games with you for as long as 30 days and we pride our selves of being a flexible company so don't hesitate to tell us your special needs or games we do not have that you would like. We get games usually within a week of its release date sometimes even before.

Best Regards,
Khaled Iscobar
Owner/President

Dear Khaled Iscobar,

thanks for posting on Expat.com; unfortunately advertisement is not allowed on our forums, could you please contact me in private if you would like to advertise on expat.com ?

All the best,

Julien

helal_ali wrote:

500 LE :S
i wouldn't pay 50 LE for a game
actually sometimes i use ps2 emulator or wii emulator instead of buying ps or wii  xD
well i don't know about ps3
but i can get emulators for " psp , ps2 , wii and gamecube "
and also a site where you download games and play on ur pc

i love metal gear solid series
and 4 is only on PS3 and i saw it's price and i was 500 L.E :D
there's no emulator for PS3, XBOX cause your PC must be 10X faster at least than them to play their games on emulator and there's no pc in the world can do it, and if they invented one soon it will very expensive more than the 5 PS3 :)

there's some websites where you can download them directly :)

There's someways to buy the game online and burn them to a DVD disk, also you can download em via torrent and use the same method above, try searching in google, i'v seen few around

well better buy from PSN card its always cheaper compare to buying from Egypt. Secondly I heard there is a dongle work around for running cracked games but again its useless you cant play the online part. I prefer downloading games via PSN card

I always order games from the US and bring them over with friends/family members coming from there

Off topic : How is the baby? hope he/she is safe and sound :D

Hey Bro

He is good MA, done with initial registration your words really helped allot.

Back to Topic... I noticed PS3 means Fifa here not all but mostly people are interested in football games. Anyone hardcore player for BF3 or COD ? :D

The Egyptian wrote:

I always order games from the US and bring them over with friends/family members coming from there

Off topic : How is the baby? hope he/she is safe and sound :D

i think its expensive not sure

Do u pay taxes on them?

on Online shouldn't be TAX as VAT applies when I pay for the card. ( I have region 2 account) so 25$ worth mean you really have 25$ and no tax is deducted on purchase