Cayo's Spanish Lookout

We loved our visit to both the Corozal and Cayo areas, and are going a little crazy deciding which is better for us. An important item is shopping for day-to-day living items and food.  Cayo's San Ignacio Town is really not my style so far...too congested and not as clean as I'd like.  And we are actually homebodies.  So we're considering living more in the rurals towards the Spanish Lookout area where we'd have the ability to establish our own "neighborhood."  Spanish Lookout seems fresher, more farm-like and quieter, plus extraordinarily beautiful.  Do any bloggers live out there?  We visited the Western Dairy for amazing ice cream and we know about the Mennonite's good produce.  Anybody know where to purchase meats?.  Any feedback on this area would be appreciated.

Thanks all!
Toni and John

Hi Toni and John!

I hope that other members will give you some tips soon.;)

Harmonie.:)

Well, we're not getting many bites, but we're still considering this area.  We made one trip two months ago and will be headed back in another two weeks.  We are seriously considering buying in Carmelita Gardens...like the idea, love the area.  We are not great lovers of nearby San Ignacio, but we're gathering up information about shopping alternatives.  Sounds like food shopping will not be a problem.  Spanish Lookout and the Menonite farmers offer wonderful, natural food. And there's a natural poultry farm and distribution center nearby. Not sure about other non-food shopping, though.  Anybody out there live in or near Spanish Lookout?

Hi Toni!  Hope you're doing well.  I asked the chef at Table Rock Jungle Lodge where he buys his meats, and he says the best meat is at Ko-Ox-Han-nah's on Burns Avenue in San Ignacio; then Running W on the Western Highway right outside of Santa Elena; and last is Country Meats in Spanish Lookout.  Says he used to go to Country all the time, but it's not that good anymore. But, at least you know there is a meat shop/butcher in SL in case you end up there.

Sharon Hiebing

Wow!  Good to hear from you too Sharon.  John and I are coming down again in a few months, hopefully to settle.  Thanks for the info.  More later.

Toni