English teaching jobs in Hoi An

Hi guys,
I have been travelling around Asia in hope to find a place I like enough to settle down and teach, and despite my initial wariness for Vietnam, I have fallen for Hoi An. I will have a EFL qualification within the month, I have previous teaching experience and a degree in English Lit. Would you know how or who to contact in search for English teaching jobs, and how easy it is to find accommodation?

Thanks a million,

Kirsten

Hate to bring you ill tidings, but you committed a grammatical error in the last sentence.

I'm not trying to be a butt hole about it, tho.  I'm already one!

Mike

mjpulaski wrote:

Hate to bring you ill tidings, but you committed a grammatical error in the last sentence.

I'm not trying to be a butt hole about it, tho.  I'm already one!

Mike

Mike

Hes not looking for comments on his spelling/grammar etc, hes looking for some advice and  information about hoi an. Also English Teachers here mostly do not teach grammar as the Vietnamese Teachers teach them this already bye the book. Sometimes people write they way they speak, and this blog is not an essay test.

kikishaw wrote:

Hi guys,
I have been travelling around Asia in hope to find a place I like enough to settle down and teach, and despite my initial wariness for Vietnam, I have fallen for Hoi An. I will have a EFL qualification within the month, I have previous teaching experience and a degree in English Lit. Would you know how or who to contact in search for English teaching jobs, and how easy it is to find accommodation?

Thanks a million,

Kirsten

Kirsten i think you need to stay  in hoi an/danang  and find out more information about this,, accommodation will be your easiest search as there is lots around,  as for the teaching you need to hang out at some expat bars and chat to some English Teachers who are here already and will give you some good tips and advice about it.. your post seems a long time ago but anyways did you finnaly go there and teach??

Definitely Da Nang.

Large demand there for English; cheaper accommodation and beaches.

Hoi An doesn't have beaches (in town) and most everything is geared to scoring off tourists - the prices are higher than Da Nang.

Jaitch wrote:

Definitely Da Nang.

Large demand there for English; cheaper accommodation and beaches.

Hoi An doesn't have beaches (in town) and most everything is geared to scoring off tourists - the prices are higher than Da Nang.

I agree with  Jaitch good point

Also danang is a really cool city to live in and is  only 30k from hoi an.

Hi,

I found out one vacancy for the post English Teacher in Da nang City (35km far from here). If you need the link or something, please send me a message.

that would be great Pham thank you so much

Hi,

Im also interested in teaching in Hoi An, I did find a school called Green Leaves (not sure about the name, so do a search) but they are based in Hoi An.

Any more links appreciated.

Jools

Hi Pham,
Can you please send me the link for the English teaching jobs?
I'm also on my way to Hoi An/ Da nang.

Thanks,
Smadar

Hi All,

I am also looking for a teaching job either Sai Gon, Hoi An, or Da Nang. I am a native english speaker, however I do not hold any certification or degree at this time.

I am already in VN (Sai Gon right now) so if anyone has any contacts or links that could help, please do send them on.

Thanks

Hello everybody,

Do note that this is an old thread.

Therefore, i suggest those looking for a language teaching job to post in the appropriate section which is the Language teacher jobs in Hoi An section please.

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers:

(Topic closed)

Closed