General Questions

Weather?  Is the humidity bad there?  I live in Georgia and the humidity will kill you.

Homeschooling?  I have three children and I homeschool here in the states.  Can I do that there and are there any hoops to jump there to do that?

Business Lic or Degrees
I have several Businesses here and need imput on legal issues there.  I will list business, if you know of any ed. degree or special lic to operate the business please advise.
*Farming
*Writing (Books and Internet)
*Fishing
*Massage therapy
*Lingerie
*Eco tours
*Soaps & candles

Home Loans
How much down (%)?  Interest rates?

Can anyone recommend a place to stay in PG? 

I know I have more questions but I'm drawing a blank.  Please help if you can.
Thank you, Marie

Mstill-Waldun - Humidity is worse in Texas, in my opinion-never been to Georgia. 

Homeschooling you can do whatever you want, no regulations, but you'll have to get your supplies from the States. 

Any of those businesses could be viable in Belize-you just need to find the right location with a void in that niche, know how to market it to make it successful, and then have enough capital to live on until it becomes self-sustaining.

Home loans - I'd talk to a realtor - you can find many that will answer this question for you via email prior to coming. I believe you need at least 20% down, interest rates vary, about 11-20%.

Hope that helps, Sharon Hiebing

My wife and I are interested in retiring to Belize in 1-2 months. We will have an adequate, but not large, income and will be looking to rent local style home. We have lived in the Caribbean and SA for 25 years and generally shop in the local markets.
Can anyone give me an idea of the cost of living around Placencia to Pta. Gorda? Thanks.

Weather?  Is the humidity bad there?  I live in Georgia and the humidity will kill you.

Homeschooling?  I have three children and I homeschool here in the states.  Can I do that there and are there any hoops to jump there to do that?

Business Lic or Degrees
I have several Businesses here and need imput on legal issues there.  I will list business, if you know of any ed. degree or special lic to operate the business please advise.
*Farming
*Writing (Books and Internet)
*Fishing
*Massage therapy
*Lingerie
*Eco tours
*Soaps & candles

Home Loans
How much down (%)?  Interest rates?

Can anyone recommend a place to stay in PG? 

I know I have more questions but I'm drawing a blank.  Please help if you can.
Thank you, Marie

Hello and Greetings from Peini Belize!

My name is Indira and I am from PG(PUNTA GORDA). We own a real estate consultancy and offer relocation services. Please send me an email at [email protected] because I notice that your questions here a relevant to what we need right now in PG.

Thanks alot,
Indira.

I'm from North Carolina and have been all over the east coast.  I'd say the humidity here in Belize is like a North Carolina or Georgia summer.  It's generally in the 70-80% range most of the time.  So, if you don't like humidity, this may not be the best place for you.  Not trying to be discouraging, just honest.  You WILL sweat.  A lot.  I take a cotton bandanna with me everywhere I go to sop it up.

Here is a good site that describes the weather month-by-month:

slickrock.com/belizeweather.html

Good luck to you!
Emily