Penang, The Pearl of Orient

I have just relocated to Penang and am now settled at Seri Tanjung Penang. I love this place a lot, the view and the landscape at STP is just fabulous. Nothing beats that. Food is great, the people here are friendly and the cost of living is cheap. Any expatriates out there wanting to relocate to Penang, do leave me a message. Cheers

Dear Felicity88, It sounds as if you are settling into Penang well. We liked your blog about it. What do you do there? At the moment we are teaching in the Caribbean, and last visited Penang and Malaysia quite a few years ago. We will be visiting Malaysia again in April 2009 to decide about relocating there, maybe in Penang. What kind of cars are there to buy? Where do expats meet together in Penang? Do drop me an email. Lilian and Mike.

Dear Felicity88
Hi , My wife and I want to move to Malaysia as we love the people and food and all about it.We hope to move there in 12 months time , we will join the MM2H program.We will travel to penang in January for a holiday .How do you find Malaysia ?
We live in Melbourne now
Cheers
Kevin &Marie

I am recently retired. I am going to Bali until at least 01/10 or 04/10. I have stayed in Bali a few months at a time over the last few years and am getting very annoyed with the crowds (Bali is almost 4 MILLION PEOPLE NOW!)the greed, and the immigration policies. On a social visitor visa after 2 month you must go to the office in Denpasar and re-register every month. Or of course pay an agent.
I would like to find a place with warm tropical weather, boogie board size waves, asian food, cold beer, reasonable rents and of course interesting people.
Do you know how Malaysia compares?
What kinds of rent to share a flat or house? I have seen some condos on line in Georgetown, in buildings with gyms or fitness centers and pools for what looks like about $US 150 per month. I was paying $200 for a simple room with no kitchen or gym or pool!
Anyway, any info would be greatly appreciated.
Terima Kashi,
Michael