Local food markets in Mauritius

Hi There,

I was wondering how big the local food markets (not supermarkets) are? Are they easy to access? Is it safe to eat the food from the local markets -meaning sanitary? I am sure that a local market would be a lot cheaper to buy local produce than at a supermarket. Thanks in advance for the feedback!

P.s. Are there cooking classes available that teach Mauritian cuisine?

ya sure it is local market is cheap than other n hygenic also

We have a local fruit and veggie market in Quatre Bornes on Wednesdays and Saturdays.

In Vacoas on Tuesdays and Fridays; In Mahebourg and Rose Belle pretty much everyday. In Rose Hill everyday of the week and in Port Louis as well which is on a daily basis as well.

You do have an organic market in the North, but am not sure where.Need to look for that one!

alisa_ram wrote:

We have a local fruit and veggie market in Quatre Bornes on Wednesdays and Saturdays.

In Vacoas on Tuesdays and Fridays; In Mahebourg and Rose Belle pretty much everyday. In Rose Hill everyday of the week and in Port Louis as well which is on a daily basis as well.

You do have an organic market in the North, but am not sure where.Need to look for that one!

Hi,

any news about the organic market anywhere in Mauritius ?

Many thanks

Laurent

Hi,

I teach local vegetarian cuisines on WEDNESDAYS.

DISHA wrote:

Hi,

I teach local vegetarian cuisines on WEDNESDAYS...LET ME KNOW IF U R INTERESTED

Hi

thanks, will contact you as soon living in mauritius, in few weeks

see you