Serious issue - tax :)

hey all

Apologies for my probabaly very daft question - if you are Danish and move to Cork, do you pay just the standard 20% tax? Or do you get taxed at Danish rate?

See - I said it was daft but actually I cant seem to find the answer!!

As long as your country of residence is Ireland (you must stay 6 month + 1 day during the financial year) you'll only have to pay in Ireland

hope this helps

hey thats great! wow such a speedy response I should have come here first and not spent ages trawling through sites - nice one Julien :D

no problem, please check with your tax centers in Denmark / cork but the rules are pretty much the same in all the european countries

Will do - thanks:)

You should also be aware that if you become a resident of the UK, you may be subject to their other tax laws...such as death taxes (something like 50%), so it bears investigation...

Thanks Oreneta - I am actually moving from the UK but yes should take into account all tax issues I guess. But it seems I can import my car and pay no import tax as long as I dont sell within the 1 year - I think :)so thats pretty cool in my book hehe

Woops, sorry I read that wrong....bonus about the car!

No probs - I just assume everyone knows where tiny little Swindon is hehe and yeah I was pretty pleased to find that out about my little motor :))