Is there a good dentist in Colombo?

i would be very grateful if someone can recommend a really good, tried and trusted dentist in Colombo. many thanks!

Hi , please call me on ***** , Viraj

Viraj, could you please present yourself before posting your phone number ?

I went to Nawaloka Hospital to make a root filling.It is ok, you can go without any problem.
Alejandro

many thanks for the information, Alejandro.

Hello
There is a good dentist at the Golden Key ENT Hospital on Cotta Road, Colombo 8 called Dr Gunasekera.

Then there is another good dentist called Dr. Farhim Jameel who operates from home somewhere near the Asiri Surgical Hospital off Kirimandala Mawatha - you could check his number in the tel directory.

Good luck

Hi,
You can try Dr Chinnaiah, he's quite senior and has a private practise off Duplication road. He did a nerve filling for me last month - not too pricey and did a great job.
All the best.

you can find many options from Sakura Dental Hospital in Battaramulla, near by Waters Edge Hotel.
Or else you can pay a visit to Yu And Company, just little further from railway crossing in cotta road, borella.

Understand its some years since this thread was active, but nevertheless I'm adding a new post hoping new people will read and respond :-)

I have also recently been to Nawaloka Hospital, but the equipment is very old. It seems that most dentists and hospitals are operating with old hardware.

Do anyone know about a dentist with top of the range, brand new equipment in Colombo or the surrounding areas?

:: Stein

hi all,

in Lanka Hospitals there is Dr.Shuba Rao and Dr.Gayathri Iraivan Both are great

Regards

Dr Mayura Gamlath - His Clinic is next to the Laugfs outlet at Kohuwala. Very recently visisted Durdans, Nawaloka and Lanka Hospitals and found that they are there to empty your pocket. This fellow knowsthe subject and charges reasonable fee.

Thank you for your feedback HassanW

I have already seen Gayathri as my family has used her for a long time. But my request was not about the people, it was about the hardware, the system they are using.  Gayathri is using a very old dentist system, so I stopped that after the very first booking. My request was for a place that have the latest and greatest in dental equipment.

Thank you for your feedback zeejay

Im not worried about charges. In short, I just don't to go to dentists, whoever they are and whatever they charges. So to make the event as pleasant as possible, I need to be ensured that the dental system is the latest and greatest. If anyone know about a dentist with new equipment, I would love to hear from you :-)

Yes. I recommend the Dental Clinic of Lanka Hospitals. They have experienced and good staff and they also provide a wide range of services. I'm extremely happy with their service.

Hello,
Stein I could like to know if you finally find a good dentist with good equiment. Let me onow the details where and cost.
Thank you
Jane

The topic is closed( also in need of a great high level dentist. Please also let me know if any you have any good contacts.

Best regards
Violetta

I went to a place in Kandy when I came to Sri Lanka. They have a reasonable price range and there were no price discrepancies for foreigners. 
[link moderated]

@elladik this year in February I saw Shuba S Rao at Lanka hospitals Colombo 5.
She was recommended by a friend.

aligndentalcare.lk

Hello everyone,

Please note that this is an old thread. Recommendations should be made in the Health in Colombo

section of the Business Directory so that members may view all the details.

Thank you in advance,

Bhavna