Cover head during ramadan?

I have lived in the middle east for a few years now, so I know most of the dos and donts during ramandan. However, since this is my first ramadan in saudi, I would like to ask, should I cover my head when out shopping alone? Appreciate you advice.

hey there

you dont have to do if you would like?

Vital that you not eat or drink in Public during Ramadan

Good luck

There is no requirement to wear a scarf in Ramadan.

However be aware that most shopping places times change in Ramadan, they close during the day and are open in the evening til late.

(they are also very busy in the evenings!!)

The main thing is not to eat/drink in public in day light hours

Fiabn wrote:

hey there

you dont have to do if you would like?

Vital that you not eat or drink in Public during Ramadan

Good luck

you can eat, just odnt get caught! ;-) and remember the "fast" is only till the sun set. after that, you can have a party in the middle of the highway! just dont serve booze or ham...and not having it in the middle of the highway would also help.

technically, in Saudi, you have to cover your hair when you go out no matter what the month or season is. But technicality apart. when you do go out during the day during Ramadhan, firstly, I am not sure if the shopos will be open during the day atleast not the first half of the month, and secondly, it would be preferable. Secondly, yeah just dont eat/drink outside in public.during the daylight hours.

Thank you all for your feedback. I am aware of the no eating and drinking in public and to be honest borntobemild why would I risk it!
I wasnt aware that supermarkets were closed during the day so thank you all for that. So Im assuming they open after the fast breaks?

uglybetty wrote:

Thank you all for your feedback. I am aware of the no eating and drinking in public and to be honest borntobemild why would I risk it!
I wasnt aware that supermarkets were closed during the day so thank you all for that. So Im assuming they open after the fast breaks?

No, supermarkets are open during the day from the morning. As for shops and malls the working hours during the day is from 1-4 or 4:30. They resume at night from 8:30.
As for covering your hair in public, if you are a foreigner, its not really necessary but it could be considered as a kind gesture from you and a sign that you respect the traditions of this country.