BBC-Iview , UK or US TV in mauritius

Hi,

I've been trying to get live TV streams from US/UK without the poor and ridiculously expensive satellite providers in Mauritius. 

I was just wondering, has anyone tried any IPTV Setup Boxes or the SlingBox in Mauritius.  It seems you can get up to 600 channels, including all freeview UK and US channels using a $200 IPTV box, some of them without any subscription at all.

I looked-up some providers , most of them ask for subscription to get access to their VPN. I would not mind to pay a small fee for quality streams.

adtelly.tv/index.php (needs subscription)
fr.slingbox.com/go/slingbox-prohd

But i found there are also lots of fake providers too.

I currently use a proxy (coupled with an ad blocking software) to watch Hulu.com, CBS, ABC, and even live ESPN streams. Works pretty well even with a 1 Mb connection. The image quality is ok when hooked to an LED screen via my laptop.

But, has anyone has been able to get access to the BBC-Iview outside uk ? if so would you like to share your proxy or vpn or secret.

One possibility is to access to a unix shell with SSH running located in the UK. SSH to the server and configure port forwarding in the options.

I've had no issues using Witopia VPN, but there's no guarantee that the service will always work, and I use it primarily due to privacy concerns.  Hulu in particular is very aggressive in blocking access to users of the service by VPN.

For BBC iplayer easy-hide-ip.com has worked faultlessly for me for the past 3 months, I am downloading not streaming as my connection is only 512k, though I can occasionally get the lower quality stuff to stream. Cost is 30 US for a year.

For free downloads of a limited selection of British TV then uknova.com is a useful source of up to date torrents.

As a sports lover I can't wait to get DSTV though. It may cost a bit but is the best package for sports I have ever seen.

Tim

I found these VPN to get free US/UK tv streams

BUT MAKE SURE YOU HAVE AN AD BLOCKER like ADBLOCK PLUS or AD BLOCKER ON your anti-virus running.

hotspotshield.com (works awesome on hu*u, excellent speed, though could not get it to work for viewing videos on NBC's website itself)

expatshield.com for Uk (Haven't tried it, coz it does not work if you have hotsposhield installed)

Let me know if you get these open free vpn working on your side..

As usual be careful when using open vpn and don;t use them while doing internet banking or shopping online..

hey guys, why did you delete my post in regards to issues faced by subscribers with a satelitte tv provider ?

Hi nantube!

Your message has not been deleted but moved to a private forum for analysis.

If you have other questions or issues please contact us in private.

Thank you for your comprehension.
Armand

Hi Would you mind sharing how much it costs to subscribe for satellite TV (either US/UK) in mauritius? I am considering moving to Mauritius, and learning french at the moment. However, I doubt I will be able to watch French TV yet. I am addicted to CSI etc here in UK, and it will be really good if I can subscribe for English satellite TV channels in Mauritius, if it is not too expensive?

HI Jennifer,

You can subscribe to English Satellite TV with DSTV Mauritius. Please check their website : dstv.com

I believe they must have CSI, and it would cost around 50-60 uk pounds for all premium channels, that includes the bbc channels also..

Don't bother with the streaming now as even with VPN, it never works that great.  Allegedly you can download what you want and then watch it (although I admit that it perhaps wouldn't work so well for live sports ;) )

Google "get_player" and "NZB".

J.

@Jaden, you are totally wrong..! Have you ever even tried it..?

After some research, i;ve been able to find some good private VPN to watch shows on most US tv network websites, including hulu.com, and a PPTP VPN server to watch BBCIplayer, ITV player, channel 5, channel 4 etc... Had no issues so far, the picture quality and streaming is surprisingly good, even on a 1 Mb my.t connection.

Not sure if this is relevant but do torrent clients work, such as Vuze.

That way you can download uktv shows and watch them on the computer.

T

TommyWhitty wrote:

Not sure if this is relevant but do torrent clients work, such as Vuze.

That way you can download uktv shows and watch them on the computer.

T

Yes, although it is better to use NZB (newsgroups, Google NZB) with a client such as SABnzbd together with something like SickBeard (again Google).  You have to pay a little but the downloads are generally faster and more reliable.

All allegedly of course.

Plus Internet in Mauritius is unlimited.

J.