Finding work in Lille

I am currently looking to move to France to be closer to my Girlfriend. We have been together nearly 2 years, she lives in Paris, I live close to London and the distance is driving us crazy. I work in IT as a senior network operation engineer and have a wealth of experience in the industry. i would love to be able to find an IT job either in Lille or Paris. (Preferably Lille). I have trawled through the internet but as I am a non French speaker the opportunities are understandably non existent. My girlfriend has a young son so it is difficult for her to relocate to England. Lille is the preferred location as it is somewhere we would both like to live.

Any tips or advice on how I could find work would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Shayne

Hello Shayne & welcome to Expat.com!

Maybe that you could post an advert in the Lille classifieds > Jobs section/ IT, Multimedia, Web.

I hope that other members will help you too.

Good luck,
Harmonie.

Thanks Harmonie, I really appreciate your reply. I will post an Advert and see what happens. I am also going to try and find which English companies have offices in Lille.

Thanks again.

Shayne

Hello
I work for Epitech, an IT school, in Lille.
We are looking for 4 English native speakers, whatever the accent, for our conversation classes.
The position is for 5 hours a week, from November to June. The classes can take place from 5 pm to 8 pm, which enables you to have another activity.
It's paid 12 euros per hour.
We are located in downtown Lille.
If you're interested, you can send me your CV at
[email protected]
Thank you for reading me
Claudia Migliaccio, head of the English dept

Hi Claudia,

You should post your advert under jobs section in the Lille classifieds as well. :)

Thank you.

Hi Shayne how are you? I am just wondering if you moved to Lille and how you are finding it. I am in a similar position where I met my boyfriend in Australia, he is from France and I am from the UK. So I will be moving to Lille, just wondered if you managed to find work??

Hi Victoria and Shayne!

Just reading this thread now, years later, finding myself in a similar situation to the both of you. My boyfriend is Lillois and I am currently planning my move to be with him there. Have both of you moved, and how did the situation turn out for you? I'm guessing my employment opportunities will be hospitality or tefl based, although I am hoping to see what Irish or British companies may have offices in the area. My french is pretty good but I would worry about finding employment in my career area, urban planning and design as the system is quite different.

Any thoughts or experiences you might have to share would be great!

Eily

Hi Eily,
I am Irish too and moved here with my boyf 2 years ago. In general the jobs I have been able to find are in childcare...mainly parents who want their kids to speak English from an early age. I did some work as a English teaching assistant too. For a lot of jobs here you have to pass a concour which is quite difficult if your french is not a lever B2 or C1. PM me if you want any other info!

Hello Claudia! I am wondering if the offer is still available for English teaching classes. Kindly advise before I can send you an email!Wishing you all the best, Anca.

H uhnerose,

Please note that this thread had been posted since 2011 year old, it no more be active.

Looking for a job? I suggest you to post an advert the Jobs in Lille section, this might surely help.

Regards,

David.