Need advice for long term vacation in Beijing

Hi Everyone.  My husband and I (along with our 2 year old daughter) want to visit Beijing for the months of April and May this year.  My husband and I visited Beijing for 6 weeks in 2004 and loved it.  We stayed at the Jianguo Hotel, and really liked the area.  The issue we're having now is that we'd like to rent a furnished apartment, but I don't really know the "good" areas of town to be looking in.  We're hoping for quiet, safe, easily accessible, etc... (the standard stuff).  Does anyone have any recommendations?  We need at least a 2 bedroom place.  We'd be interested in staying in a hutong (spelling?) as well, if that's done!  We don't plan to rent a car, so it would be nice to have a place that's central (same area as where we were before would be okay too).  Is it safe to go through a website, or is it better to find an agency of some sort?  Other questions like is it safe to have our toddler travel in cabs without a car seat, can you buy organic milk (and where), interesting stuff to do that's not Forbidden City, the wall, the tombs, etc...  Good places to eat, local and expat.  How much should I be paying at the markets (I don't know if it's changed in 5 years!).
Anyway, if any Beijingers have a few minutes to pop me a line with some advice, that would be great!  Looking for lots of family friendly stuff, if possible!

Thanks in advance!

may be it's too late now.if you need some help in beijing,you can contact me.