How can i get permanent visa of brasil

my name is amit kumar from India, i am dating with a girl of brasil since last 3 yr and now i want to marry with her. but i do not know how should i apply to take brasil permanent visa.please me advice how can i apply for permanent visa of brasil and so that i could live with my girl friend.

Hi and welcome on board amit.sh56!

Your message was moved to the Brazil forum for better visibility!
I hope other members will help you!

Regards
Armand

hey. so. are you in india now? get your birth certificate stamped by the brazilian consulate in india (or wherever you are) and then come to brazil on whatever visa you have (like a tourist visa). When you are here, you and your girlfriend will go to the cartorio (records department) in the city where she/you live and then you will go from there. Do you speak portuguese? if not your girlfriend will pretty much do the whole process. There are many many many forms and documents you need. So go to the cartorio with your girlfriend and they will give you the forms to get married and the application check list. you will need to obtain a form from the Indian Consulate General stating that you are single and able to marry. once you are married here legally you will begin the immigration process with the Federal Police. a completely new process that you shouldn't start to think about UNTIL you are married. there have been many posts written on this here already so perhaps go back in the message board archives to look it up. but for now just focus on getting married and THEN focus on the Federal Police.

Hi, i was in same situation some months ago but marry with somebody from brazil in my country she need:
- born certification
- divorce certification If u was marry before

- she need to go in the Minister of the Exterior of Brazil to get a stamp that they are legal pappers and not falsificated on this pappers
- she need to go in the consulate of my country to get a stamp that the stamp of the Minister is not falsificated
- then here in my country to go in Minister of the exterior to stamp them to recognize the stamp of my conuntry consulate is valide.
This 3 stamps are called Supra Legalization of papper in an word by word translation.
then we need to translate and legalize the pappers in my country then we could marry.
then she get a license to stay at the imigration first for 1 year then for 5 years then permanent visa....

so can be posible u need the same for brazil at least i need to do this with by born certificate. To get stamped by yr minister of external relation then by the consulate of brazil in india then by the consulate of india in brazil.
u need to reshearch better bcs what we sayd here are just , in my case experience, but this is from country to country.

the most easy way is to call the consulate u or her. 

and yes after u get marry u go to the federal police in brazil i pass there to enlarge my period of visit in brazil , like a turist is posible only 3 months then for a good reasson u can get 3 months more /year. In my case they didnt put any question they just did it without to ask any good reasson.

Good luck to u and yr fiance!

Ah yes and u need from the consulate of india in brazil a certificat that u can get marry that u are single , in my case she had a divorce papper to prove this but in yrs case maybe u need to get some other papper to prove this bcs probably the consulate of india in brazil dont have the data base of who is marry or not.
Just call them to be sure!

hello ,

i am from pakistan and living in london  and next week going back to pakistan . but i girlfriend  is in brazil and she is agree to get marry with me and inviting  me  in brazil .

My qquestion is that what kind of documents i will need to  take for visit  my girlfriend in brazil .

and how much time will it for process in brazil

please guide me any help would be highly appreciated

thanks

cris123

malloryelise wrote:

hey. so. are you in india now? get your birth certificate stamped by the brazilian consulate in india (or wherever you are) and then come to brazil on whatever visa you have (like a tourist visa). When you are here, you and your girlfriend will go to the cartorio (records department) in the city where she/you live and then you will go from there. Do you speak portuguese? if not your girlfriend will pretty much do the whole process. There are many many many forms and documents you need. So go to the cartorio with your girlfriend and they will give you the forms to get married and the application check list. you will need to obtain a form from the Indian Consulate General stating that you are single and able to marry. once you are married here legally you will begin the immigration process with the Federal Police. a completely new process that you shouldn't start to think about UNTIL you are married. there have been many posts written on this here already so perhaps go back in the message board archives to look it up. but for now just focus on getting married and THEN focus on the Federal Police.

hey amit,

I am from India, and i live here in Campinas, brasil. I am not married, but i have heard about the bureaucracy in getting married here in brasil since I have a lot of friends who are here and married to brasilian chicks, i can pass their contact to you to have a better understanding of this process...

cheers,

aravind

hi  i am from pakistan but now i am here in saudi arbia. but my girl friend from brazil and she want invit me there but she also dont know how should apply a visa for me

For all of you wondering about a permanent visa they are only issued under very specific circumstances and extremely difficult to get. Malloryelise suggests that you focus on getting married first and only then think about the Federal Police (permanency). Well, I can tell you that getting married in Brazil first of all IS NOT AS EASY AS SHE MAKES IT SOUND, and secondly even marriage to a Brazilian is no guarantee that you will get permanency. You need to qualify for permanency regardless of the basis on which you apply. (Financial stability, criminal record, etc. all of this is considered). You really have to consider both the marriage and the Federal Police at the same time. The documents you need in most cases take some time to obtain and get legalized by the Consulate so start early, preferably before coming to Brazil.

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING EXCERPT FROM MY POSTING "A GRINGO'S SURVIVAL GUIDE TO BRAZIL" which is at the beginning of the first page of the Brazil Forum. This should clear up all your doubts about visas. Any other information i suggest that you read the full posting especially the parts about getting married and divorces in Brazil. Have any of you thought about the consequences of getting legally married in Brazil only to later have your application for permanent visa rejected? Do you have any idea the problems that can cause you both here in Brazil and back in your home country? The rules here are very rigid and if you break any of the rules here it usually has very serious results, so make sure that you know exactly WHAT you need to do first and then do EVERYTHING that is required. Still it will take almost forever so be patient.

Excerpt:

BRAZILIAN BUREAUCRACY

Documents – aside from the foregoing information you must remember that this is a police state, you are required to carry photo identification and travel documents at all times (certified copies are sufficient). Unlike in other countries police in Brazil have the right to compel you to identify yourself whenever they wish. Don't refuse to do so or you will find yourself in serious trouble.

Tourist Visas – A tourist visa permits a stay of 90 days in Brazil, this may be extended (prorrogação de estado) for a further period of 90 days at the headquarters of the Federal police nearest where you live without having to first leave the country.

A tourist visa thus permits a maximum stay of 180 days (6 months). This is now calculated on a rolling year (i.e. the 365 days previous to one's present entry into Brazil).

Most tourist visas permit multiple entries in any given year. What happens in this case, the number of days of your previous stay(s), including both day of arrival and day of departure, is subtracted from 180 to determine the maximum stay for the current entry.

If you are coming to Brazil for tourism or business purposes the citizens of many countries are exempt from the requirement to obtain a Brazilian visa. Check the link below; if you hold a passport from one of the countries on the list you do not need a visa. However, the time of your stay in Brazil is still the same as if you are traveling on a visa.

http://www.brazilsf.org/visa_by_country.htm

Permanent Visas – Permanent visas may be requested for various reasons, most commonly are:
-    based on having a Brazilian spouse (legally married)
-    based on a stable relationship (common law relationship – heterosexual or same-sex)
-    based on having a Brazilian child (biological or legally adopted)
-    retired persons who meet financial requirements

Each of these categories has their own requirements; an internet search will give you the most current information for each one. Be aware that the permanency process is full of bureaucracy and takes forever to complete. Periods of up to two years or more are not uncommon.

NOTE: You will need a healthy dose of patience whenever dealing with the Federal Police regarding any aspect of the permanency process since there is no single source of accurate information regarding the documents required or step-by-step instructions about any process. Due to the fact that most of the people that deal directly with the public (especially with foreigners) are not members of the Federal Police, but rather contracted employees from outside companies, they themselves do not have a clear understanding of the various procedured. Misinformation is commonplace, if you talk to ten different staff members you will get ten different versions of what you need or need to do. There is never a definite list of ALL of the documents you will require. (It seems they make it up as they go along.) Just when you think you have all the paperwork in order and go in and submit it you will most likely here, "Oh yes, and you will also need a ...... and also a ......, when you have it come back". This is extremely frustrating especially for those coming from countries that don't have a lot of bureaucracy. One thing to be very careful about, when they tell you that the signature on any document must be notarized (reconhecimento da firma) make sure to ask if it is to be notarized for authenticity (reconhecimento da firma por autenticidade) or just for likeness (reconhecimento da firma por semelhança) this is information that they will never just OFFER, you need to pry it out of them. In almost all cases when the Federal Police want a signature notarized it should be "reconhecimento da firma por autenticidade".

RNE and Carteira de Identidade Estrangeiro – You apply for these at the Regional Headquarters of the Federal Police, you may reserve a time and date in person or on the internet. Once you have entered the permanency process and applied for your RNE and CIE you will be issued a document called a SINCRE, this will allow you to apply for such things as your work book (Carteira de Trabalho) and to open a bank account. Without permanent status you cannot hold a bank account in Brazil.

CPF (Cadastro de Pessoa Fisica) – This document is like a Social Security number; however it is used for everything including your credit information. IT IS NOT PRIVILEGED INFORMATION IN ANY WAY. You can apply for your CPF at the post office, your passport will be sufficient identification for your application. You will be told that you have to go to the Receita Federal to finish the process, because you do not have a Brazilian Voter's Card. This is absolutely one of the most important documents you will need to have… without a CPF you simply do not exist. At least the Invisible Man could wrap himself up like a mummy and be seen. Without a CPF even all the gauze in the world wouldn't help.

Work Book (Carteira de Trabalho) – Foreigners can only apply for their Carteira de Trabalho at the Regional Headquarters of the Ministry of Labor (in São Paulo it is located at Rua Martins Fontes, No. 109 – Centro). It is issued free of charge, you must supply a 3X4 photo and provide a copy of your SINCRE. Issue time varies from one location to another and depends on the daily demand. Mine was issued on the spot, however it can take up to ten days to get it.

SUS Card (Sistema Unica da Saúde) - Whether or not you work for a company which provides you with a healthcare plan or have a private plan of your own, you will want to also have a SUS Card. Go to the nearest public health clinic (Posto da Saúde) or Prefeitura/Sub-Prefeitura office and inquire where to obtain it. You need only a document of identification (with photo) and proof of address such as a light/water/phone bill. If you are treated in an Emergency Ward, AMA Clinic or Posto da Saúde  the card will also allow you to receive certain medications at their pharmacy free of charge.

Brazilian Driver's Licence (Carteira Nacional de Habilitação CNH) - If you plan on staying in Brazil you will want a driver's licence. Obtaining a Brazilian licence is a dificult procedure and takes time. In some cases you can take your valid foreign driver's licence with an official translation to DETRAN and obtain permission to drive, a fee is involved. NO MATTER WHAT ANYBODY TELLS YOU OR WHAT YOU MAY SEE ONLINE AN INTERNATIONAL DRIVING PERMIT (IDP) IS NOT RECOGNIZED BY BRAZIL since it was not one of the signatory countries. If you come from North America, Central or South America you may be able to apply for an Inter-Americas Driving Permit (IADP) which is valid in Brazil along with your valid foreign licence. Check at your local offices of the Automobile Association. These are usually valid for a period of one year from issue and your foreign licence must be valid for longer than one year at the time you apply. See following link to Wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inter-Amer … ing_Permit

If you hold a valid driver's licence from a country that has a reciprocal agreement with Brazil for driving (check with Brazilian Consulate in your country) then you will be permitted to drive in Brazil for up to 180 days provided you have the following documents and are over the age of 18 years.

RNE or SINCRE (issued by Polícia Federal)
CPF (original and copy)
Passport
Driver's Licence from country of origin (valid for longer than stay)
Legal translation (Tradução Juramentada) translated either in Brazil or by Brazilian Consulate in your country
Proof of address in Brazil

These should be produced to DETRAN and after paying the appropriate fee you will be issued a permission to drive.

I loved the mummy part, WJ, was great! ;) lol

i want know that how can she sponsor me there in brazil and which documents i send her

hi, mr.wj,woodward she want invit me there on visit visa and which documents i send her and befor i need reservation a air ticket or not if she sponsor me from brazil

Hi Babar Shahzad,

You have to apply for the visa at the Brazilian Consulate where you live (Pakistan is in the jurisdiction of the Embassy in Islamabad). You can download the Tourist Visa form online.

See the following link specific for the visa requirements for Pakistani citizens:

http://www.portalconsular.mre.gov.br/mu … -citizens/

The online visa form can be found, filled out and submitted at the following link:

https://scedv.serpro.gov.br/frscedv/index.jsp

Once the page opens click on "Request Visa" and the fillable form will come up on your screen.

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil Animator, Expat-blog

Hi William James Woodward

i understand everything but i am in Saudi Arabia and she will sponsor me from Brazil and what will i send her our documents and what is need for sponsor me there

and how can she get visa for me from Brazil

Hi Babar,

She can't get a visa for you...... you have to get it yourself there in Saudi Arabia. She can only provide the documents to prove that she has invited you, and that she can support you during your stay in Brazil if you can not prove sufficient finances to support yourself.

Cheers,

Hi,William James Woodward

ok but if i go there in visit visa and then i can change our visa in brazil. and i can marry with her on visit visa

and she need my documents for invit me there .if she need then which documents i send her

Babar,

as William said she doesn't need any paper to invite you : you need to get the visa at the Brazilian consulate in the country you are in now.

You need to get a tourist visa and you need a plane ticket too.

But if I was you, I would wait to buy the ticket to make sure you have every papers required first.

It is a complicated process (about marriage, visas, etc.) and you wont find every answer in this forum, even if we tell you some information. You need to make your own research as well. Go to the consulate of Brazil or check their website. 

Good luck

Emilie

HI,

Emilie but if i cannot sufficient finances then she can do something i mean that i need to show her documents that i will stay with her

if i apply for visit visa then i need IELTS or another langauge

Hi Babar,

She can provide you with a declaration that she has the financial resources to support you during your stay in Brazil. Check with the Brazilian Consulate about exactly what that involves, documents that she must provide, etc.

You do not need to speak Portuguese or any other language in order to obtain a Brazilian Tourist Visa, don't worry about that.

As Emilie points out, do not buy your air fare until you are sure that you have the visa. You only need to provide an expected date of travel on the application. If you get the visa you MUST enter Brazil for the first time within 90 days of it being issued.

PLEASE REMEMBER THAT THIS FORUM IS NOT ABLE TO ANSWER ALL OF YOUR QUESTIONS REGARDING THE VISA PROCESS WITH ABSOLUTE CERTAINTY - THE BEST SOURCE OF INFORMATION IN THIS REGARD IS CONTACTING THE BRAZILIAN CONSULATE NEAREST YOU.

Cheers,

thanks so much Wiliam James woodward
i told you alreay that i am from pakistan but now i am here in saudi arabia and i can apply here in saudi arabia for visit visa

You should be able to apply for the visa in Saudi Arabia, but I am not certain. Wherever you apply for the visa you will have to meet all the qualifications as set out in the site mentioned above (and link below)

http://www.portalconsular.mre.gov.br/mu … -citizens/

Again I can't say for sure if the Consulate there will accept your application, you might have to go through the Consulate in Islamabad anyway.

Requirements for tourist visas
A. Documents to be presented: •    visa application form, dated and signed by applicant; •    passport-size photo (pasted onto form, not stapled); •    copy of passport on A4-size paper (please do not cut down to size); if there is a visa to Brazil, a copy (copies) of such visa(s); if not, copy of the identifying pages only; •    copy of NIC is not required ; •    Police Character Certificate (maximum 30 days old ), duly verified by the office of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the city/region; •    letter from current employer in Pakistan or elsewhere, containing applicant's designation and salary; •    copy(ies) of international credit card(s) on A-4 paper (please do not cut down to size); • confirmed round-trip reservations (once visa is approved applicant will have to show actual round-trip ticket originating and ending in Pakistan). • confirmation of hotel booking (if there is no letter of invitation); •    letter of invitation from Brazil (not mandatory)*; (*) Letter of invitation(commitment) must be: a.    signed by a Brazilian citizen before Notary Public; b.    contain commitment to provide food & board during applicant's stay in Brazil; c.    be duly notarized; d. contain commitment to verify, to the best of one's ability, that applicant leaves Brazil at expiration of visa; e.    scanned and sent to Embassy of Brazil in Islamabad by email. B. Interview: All applicants will be interviewed by the Embassy of Brazil in Islamabad as a first step in the application process, except those applying abroad at any of the Brazilian Consular Network outlets. The interview cannot be waived.

Cheers,

Hi WJ,
Thanks a lot for such informed details. Just have a couple of questions that you could maybe help to answer..

1. I did not realise the calculation of days in which I am allowed in Brazil. I booked my ticket to arrive in Brazil 5 Oct, and leaving to come back to London 28 March, allowing just under 6 months. However, I already visited in February for 14 days plus in July for 10. In this case by early March next year, I would have run out of the 180 days. In this case can I make a small trip to e.g. Argentina and come back, so my days from February this year can disappear from the calculation?

2. I plan to marry my Brazilian girlfriend during this visit between Oct and March as above, please could you help me to clarify which documents I need to prepare before going to Brazil? I have the impression that at a Cartorio, I need to have the passport and birth certificate to register the marriage, but it is a little complicated as I am a naturalised British citizen with Birth Certificate issued in South Korea. In this case I am not sure if I need to bring this original birth cert translated in Korea and bring, or if there are other ways.

For now I am concentrating on registering the marriage in Brazil, and staying with tourist visa for 6 months. Then I will come back to the UK to apply for permanent visa with the consulate in London.

Thanks for your time,

Hi Brighthw,

Ok, to answer your first question about the number of days you will be allowed to stay this coming trip....

First of all the Federal Police count the day of arrival and the day of departure as full days when making their calculations. You mentioned a previous 14 day stay and a subsequent 10 day stay, do those include both arrival and departure as days in your count? If not then you must add them to the count. From what you have said then a total of 24 days (or 28 if you hadn't counted the extra days) would be subtracted from the 180 day total allowable. So you would have your 90 day visit and could only extend it for a further 66 (or 62) as the case may be.

Regarding the documents that you will need in order to get married that is a bit more complicated because it seems that they vary from state to state and in some cases even from one cartório to another.

Basically what you will need are the following:

Original of your Birth Certificate (long form which shows your parents' names)... this document MUST be issued within the past 6 months or it is not considered valid here in Brazil. It must be certified as authentic by the consulate of the country where it was issued (in your case S. Korea) that should be done in S. Korea but it can be done by your consulate here in Brazil too.

The Birth Cert. must be accompanied by a notarized translation into Portuguese, which must be done here in Brazil.... check online or in the phone book under Tradutor Juramentado.

If you have NEVER before been married you will require a document from the UK government if you are living there now, that you are free to marry, no legal impediment exists.

If you are divorced you will require an original of your Certificate of Divorce which also must be authenticated as above and translated here.

Your valid passport and visa entry page showing you are legally in Brazil, you will need to make certified copies of ID page, Visa and the stamp for this entry.

Your partner will also have to submit most of the same documents.

Check with the cartório, they will tell you exactly what you need. You will submit the papers and you must wait approx. 30 days. The cartório notifies the Federal government and in turn they post your permission in the DOU (Diario Oficial de União).

Once you get married you enter the permanency process and you can remain in Brazil until it is completed. You will need to keep your passport up to date.

Cheers,

Thanks WJ,

Sure, I counted the days of arrival and departure as well. So say I make a trip to Foz do Iguacu 1 March (before that 156 days from 5 October) and make quick visits to Paraguay/Argentina, then I assume when I re-enter Brazil, my days spent in Feb 2012 would not be considered as it is more than 1 year from that March 2013, right?

Regarding the docs, I asked my gf to check with her local Cartorio in Palmas (She is 'Auditora de Fiscal do Trabalho' in Palmas TO) so will have a better idea afte she asks there. So the birth cert I need to somehow issue it in South Korea and ship it to either London or Brazil, and then get it legalised and translated right?
I have never been married before, so getting a non-impediment letter won't be a big problem.

Just one last thing, you mentioned at the end that once I complete the above marriage process, I can remain in Brazil for the permanency process, does it mean I don't necessarily have to go back to the UK? My UK passport is valid until 2017 so its not a problem, just a bit concerned that I read some articles saying it takes forever to get the permanency visa in Brazil, whereas it takes around a month to get this sorted out in UK.

But I guess this permanency matters, I can start worrying about after tying the knot :)

Thanks again, and if I have any other questions that my girlfriend is unable to advise on, I won't hesitate to post here for your kind feedback!

Hi Brighthw,

No, unfortunately a quick trip into some other South American country won't help extend your stay in any way at all. Once the 180 days is used up you will need to wait at least 270 days to get a 90 day stay and a full year to get the full 180 days.

I really wouldn't worry too much on that point since you should have more than enough time to arrive here, schedule your marriage, get married and then enter into the permanency process with the time you have. You have five months to get that done, it took me less than that.

Once you apply for the permanent visa you may legally remain in Brazil until the process is finalized. You only need to keep your UK passport up to date and even if it is set to expire you can apply for a new passport at the British Embassy or Consulate here. I've renewed my Canadian passport here in Brazil, it's simple.

Your Birth Certificate has to be authenticated by the S. Korean Embassy or Consulate, preferably in S. Korea, then it must be translated here. My Birth Cert and Divorce Cert were both authenticated by the Canadian Consulate here and at least in São Paulo that was accepted without any problem. Get your gf to ask if they will have any problems there if yours is authenticated either in the UK or here in Brazil by a S. Korean Consular Office. I doubt it will be a problem.

Cheers,

If I can remain in Brazil without any problems (i.e. being able to work/start business with no restrictions) then I would prefer to do that. Would I be free to travel outside Brazil while I am under this process?

So assuming if I take the option of getting married in Brazil and applying for the visa within Brazil, would you recommend me to prepare all the docs ready before I go in October?

Hi,

You would not officially be able to work since you would not be able to get a work permit until you have a permanent visa. I'm not sure if you would qualify for some kind of temporary visa with work permit if you were to receive a solid job offer with an employment contract. That is something you should take up with the Brazilian Consulate or Federal Police.

As far as your own business goes that is a real possibility, however I believe if it were to be registered it would have to be in your wife's name. More senseless Brazilian bureaucracy!

You would be permitted to travel outside of Brazil during the process. I don't know the period of absence they allow again you need to check with the Federal Police on that one. I do know that once you obtain a permanent visa if you are out of Brazil for more than two years you automatically lose your permanent status. I believe that the period you can be absent during the process of permanency is considerably less than this. I may be mistaken, but I believe you are allowed 90 days. Check with the Feds.

Cheers,

there is have my friend and she want get invitation latter but she dont know what is the process for get that invitation

Arru24,

All of the documents that are required seem to be ready so all you really need to do is get a good immigrations lawyer to handle the application for a permanent visa "com base em filho brasileiro". I would go this route rather than applying any other way because the visa process is almost 100% guaranteed when there is a child involved.

You will of course have to pay a fine for the expired visa. What I can't understand if you already had the judicial declaration of stable union why didn't you enter into the permanency process at that time rather than let your visa expire? Once you had applied you would have been legally allowed to remain in Brazil until the application process was completed. Didn't anybody tell you that? Also, why didn't you get married in the cartório when your visa was valid? You can get married here on a tourist visa.

How old is your baby? Was the baby born before your visa expired? There too I would ask the question, why didn't you apply for the permanent visa on the grounds of having a Brazilian child?

Sorry, but I really can't understand why anybody would allow their visa to expire without at least trying to get some professional advice from a lawyer. Everywhere in Brazil you will get a 30 minute consultation with a lawyer for free, that's long enough to ask about a problem and get some direction.

As far as I can see it you should be able to enter the permanency process now without too many problems, other than the fine. I highly doubt that you would be asked to leave the country since you have a common-law wife and a child to support here. The government here doesn't do things like that.

Go find a lawyer (who knows about immigration law) right away and find out exactly what you should do. The lawyer should be able to handle the details for you without being too expensive. I don't think it will be too complicated since you will be applying for the visa based on the child. Do not apply based on the stable union.

If you can't find an immigrations lawyer by doing a search in Google then contact your Embassy or Consulate in person or by e-mail and ask them to provide you a list of lawyers that handle immigrations cases. All Embassies and Consulates have a list ready.

Cheers,

Hi Babar Shahzad,

Your friend first of all has to know somebody who is either a Brazilian citizen or has a permanent visa and resides in Brazil to invite her to come and visit.

She would also have to prove that she has the finances to support herself during the length of her stay in Brazil or a declaration from the person inviting her that they would accept financial responsability for supporting her.

She would have to provide the approximate date of entry into Brazil and departure, these would have to be confirmed later and she would have to produce the ticket for her return flight to the Federal Police when she arrives here. Once the visa is issued then she actually will buy the airline tickets, not before.

She should do a Google search for the "Consulado-Geral do Brasil em name of her country" to find their webpage. The Consulate's webpage will have a link to all of the information and documents that she will require for the visa application, she will also be able to download the tourist visa application form there.

Cheers,

hi...my name is Lijas I'm living in India.... i have to go to Brazil to marry  my girl friend ....for that she will sent the visa invitation to me ....and she will care me there ...means I can stay with her ....but i just want to know that.... is I need show any amount in my bank account to get visa?.....if i need how much i need to show ?....i hope any one should help me for it .....

Hi lijas,

You should have your current bank statements ready to show the Brazilian Consulate even though your girlfriend provides you a declaration that she will be financially responsible for you while you are in Brazil. They may ask you for it anyway, so it is better to have it with you.

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil Animator, Expat-blog Team

William sir ,can you tell me that how much money minimum i need to show in my bank account for visa because i need to prepare......and i'm really thankful to you for giving information

Hi lijas,

I would say about 500 Reais per day you intend to stay in Brazil (R$500 BRL). That converts to about 13,800 Indian Rupee (INR) per day that you plan to stay. I think they would look for at least that much and even more if you were staying in a hotel. There is no established amount, such decisions as this are made by the individual visa issuing officers and they all have their own ideas.

You will also need to show a return ticket to India for a specific date before the expiry date of the stay (this ticket could be changed if you get an extended stay); or an air fare to some other country for which you also have a visa.

Cheers,

Hello friend...
I am Amol from India.I love my gidlfriend.she is from Brazil
I can not leave without her.I need PR visa so that I can liv e  with her.How can I Get such visa ?

Amol,

Permanent Visas are issued for the following reasons:

Marriage to a Brazilian citizen;
Having a Brazilian child (biological or legally adopted);
Stable relationship (cohabitation) of over one year in lenght;
Family reunion;
Reitred individuals meeting financial requirements

If you plan on marrying your Brazilian girlfriend then you have to decide whether you will obtain a tourist visa, come to Brazil with all the documents ready, and get married here. If you do this you will have to hope that your visa allows you sufficient time to get married, since it can take up to three months from the time you apply even if you have all the documents ready. Or if your girlfriend will come to your country, get married there and then you register the marriage with the Consulate and apply for a Permanent Visa there.

Either way it is NOT going to be easy. It takes a very long time and costs a lot of money. Good luck.

Cheers,

Hi Arvindk,

Many Thanks that you want help me.
please share me some contacts of Indians in Brasil so that i could clear my points.
bcos i am unable to understand what should i do.