Working in France

Good afternoon,

Lately I've been considering moving to Bordeaux and I'm still unsure what sort of optonuties may lie there for me. I understand the unemployment levels in France are quiet high and the fact that I only speak the smallest amounts of French might not be suitable for me.

But I will admit that I am keen and would like to find out further information about what it would be like to work, study and live in France.

Want kind of work have people found is available for people like me? I would imagine it is at the level of dish washing, etc?

Any positive information would be appreciated!!

have a great day!

Mike

Hello Mike,

I am a french guy expatriated in Italy... I will try to answer you :)

It is true that the level of unemployment is quite high but for 1 or 2 years it continually decreased... But in the same time, some jobs are available... it is the paradox !
Concerning the kind of work you will find... it depends mainly on what are your diplom and your work experience...
One thing you should know is that, without referent work experience, it woult not be easy to find a qualified job (but not impossible!!!).
Concerning the french language, of course it will be easier when you will talk good french but in the same way, some company are very interesting to find fluent english speaker !

you can go deeper in your thought and your question, and I would try to answer more precisely ;)

have a nice day

Laurent