New American in Malta

Id like to meet other Yankees for a beer(or tea) and a chat and reminisce over the old country (I cant believe I just said that). I like to do lots of stuff and even though I don't miss living in America I do miss Americans and hanging out with my fellow expats helps me beat home sickness. If you're not American don't let that stop you from giving m a shout I love meeting people from different places, I have a special place for people from India as well. Well have fun in Malta, I know I am!

I'm in...   how about the fake american pub in the corinthia hotel..  It's a bit like an applebees..

Chad

Hi EliJ & welcome to Expat.com!

I hope that you will have a lot of nice contacts.

Harmonie.:)

Chad - I don't suppose the fake American bar has real American craft beers by any chance (Bells, Summit, Fat Tire etc.)???

Applebees=OK, but I'd rather it was an Old Chicago if we're going for an American style bar.

On a related note - my boss was over from Phoenix AZ recently and he was staying at the Hilton and he claims they had the best spicy chicken wings he's ever had...anywhere...bar none. I haven't checked them out yet myself, but soon hopefully.

Oh, and welcome Eli - I'm a Brit but I'm married to an American and lived most of the last 20 years in MN.

Tim

Hahaha good beer in Europe.   your funny.   id kill for a summit!

seriously... i alway thought american beer was coloured water... i a missing something or is that all they serve in florida ;)

I am specifically talking about "craft" beer or micro-brewery beer, not the Buds, Millers, Pabst etc. which are as you describe, imo. There has been a major resurgence of craft beer making in the USA in the past 10 years or so and they produce some fantastic beer with great flavours...really!

Despite Chad's comments there are some great European beers too, imo, especially in the UK (I'm a Real Ale fan) and Belgium.

Tim

I lived in Antwerp for about a year and i totally agree about the Belgian beers...

There was a bar near the catherdral called Yips Bar or in our works, the hundred beer bar... never quite made the 100 though :)

Julian

scubaboy wrote:

I lived in Antwerp for about a year and i totally agree about the Belgian beers...

There was a bar near the catherdral called Yips Bar or in our works, the hundred beer bar... never quite made the 100 though :)

Julian

We all need goals in life!