I Lived Near Jeddah For Nine Months - I Love Arabia

I recently returned to Canada after spending 9 months teaching English in Arabia.  I lived on a compound that was situated about 30 minutes outside of Jeddah in a tourist area known as O'Bhur (also spelled "Abhur").  I taught in Jeddah at an institution affiliated with JCT (Jeddah College of Technology).  At present, I am applying to other institutions in Jeddah so that I can return this coming September.  I really enjoy the atmosphere of Jeddah.  It feels like any other city back home in North America.  The fact that over 60 nationalities intermingle and work side by side in Jeddah makes it a truly cosmopolitan centre.  The chicken restaurants are absolutely amazing.  Jeddah, as far as I'm conerned, is a world-class city and should be a point of interest for any tourist or traveller.;):cool::lol:

Hi and welcome on board Canadian In Arabia!

Thanks for this contribution ;)

Armand

but my bro life is not so easy for the people who are not in compounds

jeddah is an Appropriate city for a poor and rich people.

regards

hey Canadian In Arabia
welcome on the blog and good luck on coming back to KSA!

Great to know that

Jeedah is my favorite place after my homeland which is Hdrmut

Hi Canadian in Arabia,

Its great to hear you loved it! I'm also looking to teach in Saudi

I'm so happy to see a positive post from a fellow Canadian! Good luck on your return- I'd love to make it to KSA this September as well- I will for sure keep Jeddah in mind now :)

good luck man.

hey did u meet any interesting people you can introduce me to? i just moved there and not enjoying it as u did

I hope I will have as pleasant as an experience that you had here in Jeddah! I just started teaching here this month :)

Canadian In Arabia wrote:

Jeddah, as far as I'm conerned, is a world-class city and should be a point of interest for any tourist or traveller.;):cool::lol:

There are a lot of places in KSA that would be of interest to tourists... unfortunatley KSA isn't interested in non-religious tourism which is a shame.

welcome bro and your absolutely right about the climate here. after working in riyadh i felt better and ease in this city so for me i love jeddah now. after 6 years of staying i prefer to take my vacation than go back to my homeland. anyway hope you can come back soon, good luck. :)

@ Canadian In Arabia!
Great to know that you love my City Jeddah...Thumbs Up..
Regards!

My skin and hair have never been BETTER..........NICE this humidity!!

LOve it!!!