Cost of Living in Riyadh, KSA.

Hi there,
I have been offered for US$ 2,500/- (SAR 9,375/-) per month, so in this regard kindly let me know can I survive in Riyadh with my spouse and 1 year old child. Please let me know the cost of the following.

1. Cost of one to two bed room flat with a hall and 2 bath room.

2. Price of beverages, vegetables, 1 chicken, 1 KG Rice, fruits; orange/banana/melon/mango etc.

3. Taxi/bus fare as I shall not have my own conveyance for about 3 months.

4. Utility bills; water, electricity.

5. Internet.

6. TV cable.

7. Price of home appliances; LCD TV, DVD Player, Home theatre. 

Regards,
Ali.

Hi and welcome on board Ali!

This topic has been discussed several times on the forum. I would invite you to browse the discussions about the Cost of Living for more information.

Hope it will help!

Regards
Armand

Armand wrote:

Hi and welcome on board Ali!

This topic has been discussed several times on the forum. I would invite you to browse the discussions about the Cost of Living for more information.

Hope it will help!

Regards
Armand

Good call Armand! Saves us all having to repeat information :top:

However, as we clearly receive very common requests for information that has already been posted or an article in the Guide is available.  Could the team consider maybe a ongoing re-post of a topic to any of these new requests that constantly come through?  Just a thought :unsure

I am going to make some time over the coming weeks/months to write some more articles for the Guide section in the noted categories.  It would be GREAT if others could start doing the same and share all the knowledge and experience we have.

@gwtfUK: We need more of you here. I wish I could spend some time writing guides too.. Lets see. If i can I will.
@Ali: All of this and more has been discussed time and again in the forums, just give some time to search through all of the info.

Cheers!

Dear Ali,

Send me your details over [email protected] we will have better discussion.

a recent cost comparison still puts Dubai above Riyadh on the cost of living stakes.  Despite the recession that hit Dubai whilst the housing there hit rock bottom, the other costs remain very high.  Riyadh is not greatly removed from the UK as far as I am concerned as the accommodation is so high, it puts everything out of perspective.  I will check out the recent guide and see if I can post it on here for you.

When we compare it apple to apple , dubai will be lower than riyadh, riyadh compounds jump over 100,000 SAR, while all UAE could be considered as open compound and at that level of consideration UAE is cheaper