Moving to Egypt

I'm an Egyptian American, me and my wife and two kids are moveing to Egypt, but i'm not sure how hard is it to get my wife and kids paper, so they can stay there, I know i can get my kids to stay as Egyptian easy, but i'm not sure for my wife?

Hi and welcome on board Moody Albahrawy!

Your message was moved to the Egypt forum for better visibility ;)

Regards
Armand

HI, I AM SURE IT CAN'T BE MUCH DIFFERENT FOR YOUR WIFE AND ME, I AM ENGLISH, but I have lived in Egypt for 10 YEARS. You can get a visa from the Egyptian Embassy before you travel or even just get one at the airport, I think the airport one is for one month so in that time you have to go to Visa office and renew it,then you can get it for one year.  Now when you live and marry here, foreigner to Egyptian, you can then get a 5 year visa, not sure how that would work when you have married outside of Egypt, you would have to check. hope this helps.

Also, i've heard that if u live in egypt 7 yrs, u can apply for egyptian citizenship. if that's true it'll make life easier for sure, if u guys r planning a long term repat.

I am not sure my info is correct, but I was told that you have to be in Egypt 7 years without leaving the country for any reason if you want to apply for nationality. As I said maybe this is not correct.plus there are rules you have to have adhered to,criteria you must meet, not that easy.