Paying Bills Abroad

Hello All,

I'm writing with an open question for anyone that can help.  I am having a hard time finding a way to send money back to the States to pay bills.  The government seems to make it virtually impossible without having to pay an absurd amount of money for each time you send money.  Is there anyone who has found a reasonable way to do this?  Obviously I don't want to have to not pay my bills in the US, but haven't found a way to do it yet.  Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated!

Many Thanks in Advance,

American Carioca

for a long time i used paypal (to send money to my american bank to pay my student loans). the fees were ok a while ago, but now they have gone way up. I suggest if you can, swtitch whatever bank you have now to HSBC. Talk to an HSBC rep and see what they can do for you if you open an HSBC account in Brazil and another in the US. depending on what your salary is here in Brazil there might be an option for you........

Thanks so much for the tips.  Yeah, I found Paypal, too.  Fees weren't too bad, but other difficulties with them came up.  I'll look into HSBC now too. 

Thanks for the help!