Military hospitals

good day everyone! i jus t want to know if all the military hospitals in ksa are safe and good??

has anyone heard about the sharurah armed forces hospital in najran province? can somebody tell something about the hospital?

thank you and i will appreciate the response:)

Hi miss_chuza,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

I hope other members will be able to advise you.

do not go there. it is the worst.  Go to Riyadh, Jeddah, or Dammam(alkhober,Dhahran)

Sharurah! Oh my! thats a far far away! Go but if only the pay is that good! :D

hi alkhalaf? really? its the worst? why do you say so?
hi red goblin..i saw it in the internet and it is really a far far away place according to the map lols...as a nurse the offer is 3960 sr

I have no idea on if thats a great package. but there are others in this forum who should be able to help you out on that. But as far as I think, that is really remote area. SO better find out more from your employer first though.

It is in Rural and Remote area, you have to get very good salary to work there.

Najran is a remote location to the south of KSA bordering Yemen. It is not even a regular air link from main cities.
It is not advisible to opt for such remote locations.
the offered salary for a nurse seems to be fine if boarding and lodging is provided by the company.In addition to this if the proposal is underconsideration please clarify if the accomdation is on hospital campus before to you take a decision. hope this helps

hi im also a nurse and i was given a job offer to work in sharurah armed forces hospital. ive researched sharurah online and i think it's a safe place. is it be okay to work there? the salary was 2640sr w/ allowance

balangwapa wrote:

hi im also a nurse and i was given a job offer to work in sharurah armed forces hospital. ive researched sharurah online and i think it's a safe place. is it be okay to work there? the salary was 2640sr w/ allowance

@miss_chuza and balangwapa...Sharurah military hospital is a tertiary hospital managed by Ministry of Defense and Aviation to cater for the health care needs of Military personnel and their eligible dependents.This is my first hospital assignment wayback 1994 and it's been a long time that for sure there might be some changes now in the management and their set-up.I was assigned in ICU(4 bedded ony at that time), and we are pulled out to OR to assist the anesthesia department if we don't have patient when on duty.Accomodation is good(single room), with the basic room amenities and aircon is centralized( as Sharurah is between Saudi and Yemen property, during summer the weather is so hot and during winter it's a bit chilly).Kithchen are shared but each have their own table provided and there is a four burner with oven shared for everyone.Shopping bus are scheduled and gold are cheap in this part of Saudi.Banks are available to send remittances and the hospital are regular in paying the wages of workers.So far my experience here is OK, as I was young on that time I only finished my one year contract than later moved to Jeddah to work in other hospitals there.Experience and monetary wise, if your goal is to save and make this as a stepping stone for bigger dreams...go for it.Staff also upon completion of contract are given incentives like increment yearly based on performance.Goodluck!

hello dazzlingjaney! thanks for ur help..i appreciate it a lot. atleast we're informed that sharurah is a good place for work.. im now processing my medical exam and if im fit to work then the visa will also be processed. ive heard that sharurah armed forces hospital is 100 bed capacity. and is it true about 30 days vacation leave per year and we will be given a round trip ticket per year? my contract is for 2 yrs.

@balangwapa

i did not accept the offer of 3960..then they are now giving a higher salary offer. i think you should've bargain with them
they are now offering me 5175sr

really miss chuza? are u applying in the agency? what is the name of ur agency then? when will be ur flight to sharurah? do u have a companion nurses to go with you? heh thanks :)

hi there! i'm also a nurse (Recovery Room) and i have already accepted the offer for Sharurah AFH.. the basic salary offer for me is 3960 SAR..

@ balangwapa:
what's the status of your application? as for me, i'm already fit to work and my visa is on the process.. the agency told me that they will call me back if i already have a visa so that i can pass my resignation letter for my current job.. what's your agency? mine is Orange International Recruitment Services..

@balangwapa
megamanpower

hi miss_chuza! do you already have a visa?

balangwapa wrote:

hello dazzlingjaney! thanks for ur help..i appreciate it a lot. atleast we're informed that sharurah is a good place for work.. im now processing my medical exam and if im fit to work then the visa will also be processed. ive heard that sharurah armed forces hospital is 100 bed capacity. and is it true about 30 days vacation leave per year and we will be given a round trip ticket per year? my contract is for 2 yrs.

Yap...that is true.A yearly paid vacation is one of the benefit fo RNs eventhough you have signed for a 2 years contract.I am also waiting for my visa and flight sked. bound to work in Armed Forces Hospital-Southern Region(Khamis Mushayt). Goodluck!

miss_chuza wrote:

@balangwapa

i did not accept the offer of 3960..then they are now giving a higher salary offer. i think you should've bargain with them

Salary offered to RNs bound to Saudi have different range depending on you specialty assignment and number of years of experience.If you're Ex Saudi(worked in Saudi hospitals before), it is a plus. COLA(Cost of living allowance) is 15% additional to your basic salary.

marvinthemartian wrote:

hi there! i'm also a nurse (Recovery Room) and i have already accepted the offer for Sharurah AFH.. the basic salary offer for me is 3960 SAR..

@ balangwapa:
what's the status of your application? as for me, i'm already fit to work and my visa is on the process.. the agency told me that they will call me back if i already have a visa so that i can pass my resignation letter for my current job.. what's your agency? mine is Orange International Recruitment Services..

Since it is Ramadan...expect for delay issuance of visas.That's the update of my agency.And if your visa arrived, flight booking is so difficult.Most probably, after Ramadan is the best time to be deployed as it's not peak season(due to the pilgrimage event). So don't be discouraged and just wait patiently.Goodluck!

marvinthemartian wrote:

@ balangwapa:

hello girl! same agency here..although im having doubts to accept the job offer that is because accdg to orang intl, there's a possibility that nobody will accompany you..im a little afraid because because it's my 1st time to work abroad and i was assigned in OPD. when did u had ur medical exam? sabay na lang tayo sa flight para di nkakatakot mag-isa...hihi

dazzlingjaney wrote:
miss_chuza wrote:

@balangwapa

Salary offered to RNs bound to Saudi have different range depending on you specialty assignment and number of years of experience.If you're Ex Saudi(worked in Saudi hospitals before), it is a plus. COLA(Cost of living allowance) is 15% additional to your basic salary.

you are absoultely right..if u have specialties then u have big salary offer. it's my 1st time to work abroad and i have 2 yrs hosp experience.

@ dazzlingjaney:

yah, i know and i'm patiently waiting.. thanks for the infos! ;)

@ marisol24:

it's also my first time.. kinda afraid too.. i am assigned in Recovery Room.. i had my medical exam last july18.. but due to some problems (UTI), i was cleared last august 8.. sure, i also want to have an accompany going there.. i'll send you a private message okay? ;)

marisol24 wrote:
dazzlingjaney wrote:
miss_chuza wrote:

@balangwapa

you are absoultely right..if u have specialties then u have big salary offer. it's my 1st time to work abroad and i have 2 yrs hosp experience.

Guys, I do have d same situation.. pwd po mkisabay s inyo..pls msg or email me. I'm also bound to sharurah.rr nurse.. frst tym ko dn.. 5175 n offer kc ngincrease cla. Sa orange intl agncy ko.. sana sabay sabay tyo..

Hello babyyanc and welcome to Expat.com!

Could you please use English on this Anglophone forum?

Thank you,
Harmonie.

@marvinthemartian and @mirasol24

Guys,kindly email me or pm me.. I'm also going to sharurah. And I want us to accompny each other..

@babyyanc:

i'll go to Orange agency on monday because mam Clarisse called me yesterday regarding the new job offer.. so i have to go there to sign the papers..

@ marvinthemartian

I sent you a message.. wat tym are u goin to makati?

@marvinthemartian

I am also babyyanc.. I cant access my babyyanc account thats why I made a new one.

same agency here..orange international. i'll go to the agency on tuesday morning. here's my email add [email protected]. kindly add me on facebook and msg me back! sabay sabay na tayo pupunta sa sharurah on september soon.  :)

marvinthemartian wrote:

@babyyanc:

i'll go to Orange agency on monday because mam Clarisse called me yesterday regarding the new job offer.. so i have to go there to sign the papers..

she also called me to sign the contract. tuesday morning pa ako pupunta.

balangwapa wrote:
marvinthemartian wrote:

@babyyanc:

she also called me to sign the contract. tuesday morning pa ako pupunta.

hi.. i still dont know when will I go to the agency. mam clarisse told me she'll email me the contract and I will just send it bck to her to save money for transportation.

@balangwapa: i already added you on FB..

@yanc18: i sent you a private message too..

i'll go to the agency on monday morning..

miss_chuza wrote:

good day everyone! i jus t want to know if all the military hospitals in ksa are safe and good??

has anyone heard about the sharurah armed forces hospital in najran province? can somebody tell something about the hospital?

thank you and i will appreciate the response:)

Just a heads up...Sharurah is a different place from Najran.Najran is nearer than Sharurah...If you go through a local flight from Riyadh, Najran comes first at least like a 2.5 hours flight unlike Sharurah, it's more than 3 hours flight.Don't know if these days there are direct flight now from Riyadh to Sharurah or Dammam  to Sharurah...but when I went there, I have a stop-over to Najran airport then a continued flight to Sharurah.

marisol24 wrote:
marvinthemartian wrote:

@ balangwapa:

hello girl! same agency here..although im having doubts to accept the job offer that is because accdg to orang intl, there's a possibility that nobody will accompany you..im a little afraid because because it's my 1st time to work abroad and i was assigned in OPD. when did u had ur medical exam? sabay na lang tayo sa flight para di nkakatakot mag-isa...hihi

@ mariesol24,going overseas to work is really a no accompaniment event, (by a liason officer) LOL...I  was just 24 years old when I have this assignment work and made it OK.But if there are colleagues whom you've met and are bound to the same workplace, it will be more fun to travel with companies and make it a worthwhile experience.Being first time in a place and travelling alone is quite scary especially if you have language barriers.But somehow, don't make it as an excuse to prevent you experiencing to work overseas.Once you'll experience the culture, know the language and place and would get used to it...it will just be like a whole new experience and learning for you...

Goodluck!

dazzlingjaney wrote:
marisol24 wrote:
marvinthemartian wrote:

@ balangwapa:

@ mariesol24,going overseas to work is really a no accompaniment event, (by a liason officer) LOL...I  was just 24 years old when I have this assignment work and made it OK.But if there are colleagues whom you've met and are bound to the same workplace, it will be more fun to travel with companies and make it a worthwhile experience.Being first time in a place and travelling alone is quite scary especially if you have language barriers.But somehow, don't make it as an excuse to prevent you experiencing to work overseas.Once you'll experience the culture, know the language and place and would get used to it...it will just be like a whole new experience and learning for you...

Goodluck!

:|:) thanks for ur encouraging words. im hoping that the place will be safe even if i will just travel there alone; but it's more fun if u have companies/co-nurses to travel with. right? im hoping and praying that this will be successful.

balangwapa wrote:
dazzlingjaney wrote:
marisol24 wrote:

Goodluck!

:|:) thanks for ur encouraging words. im hoping that the place will be safe even if i will just travel there alone; but it's more fun if u have companies/co-nurses to travel with. right? im hoping and praying that this will be successful.

I recommend that you better get familiarized yourself now(before your flight), some "Arabic words" just the basic so that  if a Saudi authority would question you you can at least grasp some words he/she is asking and would not be afraid about it.When I was in Sharurah, most of the locals do not speak English words but only Arabic.The best way to learn their language though  is to listen on what they say and how they pronounce it then take down notes within a couple of months you'll learn but be ready to try speaking "Arabic" eventhough it is a bit strange of you speaking it.You will need it especially in the workplace communicating to your clients...Goodluck!

SO SO its cool place to work yes i'm also coming to armed forces hospital najran saudi arabia multimedia tecnision i think this month end or 1st week of march ok friends ill meet on najran CLICK TO ADD ME IN FACEBOOK

Hello every one

I have a job offer as registrar at North West Armed Forces Hospital Tanuk. I have cleared the interview and they have not given me proper job offer yet. Can any one guide me about that hospital, I. Mean work environment there, facilities they provide including education of kids and housing. Done one told me that there is a day care also for kids up to 6 years. I would also want to know about maids that are they easily available at tabuk?

I will wait for reply from any one of u

Thanks

http://www.safh.med.sa/images/logosafh-1.png

Hi
I am a gynecologist working under ministry Saudi Arabia . I want to take a job under military hospital
How to apply for jobs in military hospital.

Regards