Info about mauritius

good day...im a wife from manila, philippines.
my husband got an offer to work in mauritius...and sad to say we don't have any idea on how life works there (though i've googled facts about mauritius and i find it a wonderful place)..
i'll be asking from you some info on the cost of living there...and if ever he accepted the offer and start to work there, is it allowed for husband to sponsor his wife. are women welcome to work in mauritius? we were once working in the mid east and there are some restrictions for women working there.
can somebody please send me some details on the house rent, food, utilities, transport system and any other things that could help us decide in accepting the offer from mauritius? hope to hear from all of you soon.!

have a nice day!

Hello Ferrero

welcome to the blog! For info on cost of living, please view this thread Cost Of Living in MRU.

Also, this is not a middle eastern country/island, and women are free (allowed) to work here.

If your husband is earning a decent salary, he should be able to sponsor you. But if you wish to work, then you would need a separate work permit from his. (if any other expat may shed some light on this!).

Hope this helps!

Hi Ferrero,

Welcome to Mauritius. There are Filipino Families in Mauritius. Dont worry you and your family will not feel lost in this country.Mauritians are as warm and friendly as Filipinos.

Cheers!!!
Terence

thanks for all the info.. =) looking forward to visit mauritius... :D

its all cool in mauritius, u have a trend like singapore, looks as if we're aiming to be a model of that country

asian food, multi cultural, and different lifestyles and clothing( no restrictions)

Have a nice time in Mu,
I