Moving to Jordan

Hi

I am an Indian expat currently staying in Muscat.I have a family of 3,me,my wife and 2.5 yr old daughter.I have recently been given an option to move to Jordan and hence wanted to check some of the factors before I  take a decision.Can someone plz guide me on the following points

a)How is the average rent of furnished/unfurnished 2/3 BHK apartments in central Amman?

b)Cost of education.My daughter will be going to school next yr,so need an info abt the same.

c)Safety and security.Although i found in the net that it is one of the safest country in the world,still would prefer to have a feedback on the same from the members.

d)Medical expenses,are they very costly

e)Cost of foodstuff?are they at par with Dubai?

f)The tentative salary that I have been offered is in the range of 4.5k JOD pm.What should be the saving potential given the size of my family and kind of accommodation I am looking for.

Wikipedia says Jordan the costliest place to live in the arab world,hence i am a bit concerned about the savings part.

Hi SBKol!

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Armand

your salary too low
my advice to you go back to India
good luck

Thanks Armand

Hi Sherrio

yes,my salary will be around that mark only.Can you plz give me a breakup of the estimated expenses under different heads which I haven mentioned so that I can get a proper understanding.

Hi David

can you plz elaborate how much is the benchmark for a finance professional(CA,CPA) with 7-8 yrs exp.

Thanks a lot for all the info

Amman can be one of the most expensive places to live and one of the cheapest places to live.  You just need to know where to go to get stuff.  There are no fixed prices.  Your biggest expense is going to be the school and rent.  After that, you can really manage.  Even in rent, there are huge differences.  My advice, is find an empty flat and furnish it yourself.  Much cheaper if you are staying for more than one year.