Heading to HCM

Hi you guys,
my name is Kenn and I'm a Singaporean currently residing in Singapore. My company will be relocating me over to HCM starting from the 1st of September 2011 and I'll be based there for around 2 years. Thankfully, I won't be alone as my partner will be coming along with me.

I'm currently liaising with several housing agents to find a suitable 2 or 3 bedroom apartment over at Sky Garden 1 or 2 in D7 and will be making a trip there either in the last week of July or the first week of August to view the available apartments and to book it.

I've obtained loads of useful information from the friendly expats in here and am looking forward to taking the plunge. Hope I'll get to meet some of you guys over there real soon!

Cheers,
Kenn

Welcome Kenn,

Hope to see you around in HCMC soon & have beers. :D:D:D

lostsouls wrote:

Welcome Kenn,

Hope to see you around in HCMC soon & have beers. :D:D:D

Sounds perfect, mate!
hopefully i'll get the chance to meet up with you in HCM and chat over ice cold beers. :D

Welcome to Vietnam, Kenn!

My friend lives in Hoang Anh Gia Lai 3 ,Nguyen Huu Tho street,( very close to district 1) District 7 with 3-4 bedroom, 500usd/month.I think it's reasonable price and you can search on internet for further information.:)

sounds good buddy, thanks for the heads up.
i have been in contact with several housing agents who are lining up available apartments for me to view when i go to hcm next week

Welcome to Vietnam Kenn :)

Cheers.

TRI

And beer in Viet Nam is very cheap.:D:D

btrivo wrote:

Welcome to Vietnam Kenn :)

Cheers.

TRI

Cheers, mate
Are you an expat too or are you Vietnamese?

koi149 wrote:

And beer in Viet Nam is very cheap.

Ahhhhh......
perfect... ....

:D:D:D

I am Vietnamese :) Do i look like expat ? Hehe

hope to see you in HCMC :)

Giang

hi Ken,
Wellcom to Vietnam,Ken. SKY GARDEN 1,2,3 in Phu My Hung, district 7 is nice, focus on many Asian. Price 600 ~ 800$ for apartment 02, 03 bedrooms.It depend on decor or and funiture. you can compare after see. Contact to me for more infomation and send picture of apartment. email : [email protected]
thanks Ken,

hello Nice to meet Ken, Im Kelly, Very welcome you to Vietnam, You will have a great time when staying here. That's great to look for a good apartment with the reasonable price. I'd love to make friends with you and show you some interesting places in Vietnam, and I also can help you find a best place to live in Vietnam with the good price ;) Any wonders , you also can mail me [email protected] or my yahoo account : [email protected] .
Best Regards, Hope can meet you soon in Vietnam.

Finally got back to the office after spending a week in the Singapore Army.

I've confirmed an 18 month rental on an apartment over at Sky Garden 3 in District 7, Phu My Hung.

Lease will start from the 1st of Sept so i'll be flying over on the 1st of Sept.

Hope to see you guys over there!!!

welcome to Vietnam, cheers

hi Ken!
I think apartments are safer.

My friend let me know there are some 2 bedroom apartments for rent in The Manor, Saigon Pearl building, with full furniture. Quality is good and price is about 1000$-1300$. (3bedrooms: 1300$ - 1800$

The Manor, Saigon Pearl building is very near Dist 1, nice view, just 5 or 10 minutes. There are many foreigners live there.

Hope you can find suitable place !

Please call me (0902 513 539).
I will help you.

johnny_ha wrote:

hi Ken!
I think apartments are safer.

My friend let me know there are some 2 bedroom apartments for rent in The Manor, Saigon Pearl building, with full furniture. Quality is good and price is about 1000$-1300$. (3bedrooms: 1300$ - 1800$

The Manor, Saigon Pearl building is very near Dist 1, nice view, just 5 or 10 minutes. There are many foreigners live there.

Hope you can find suitable place !

Please call me (0902 513 539).
I will help you.

Cheers Johnny, but I've already signed a lease on an apartment in Sky Garden 3.

Thx!

Hello Ken! That's good to hear :) Nice to meet you ^_^

hello. are u here already? Contact me if u need my help. i used to live in sky garden too ;)

hangzoan wrote:

hello. are u here already? Contact me if u need my help. i used to live in sky garden too ;)

Hello, thanks for the offer :)
No, i'm not in vietnam yet. I'll be heading there on the 1st of Sept
So where are you staying at now?

hi. now. i live in Hung Gia IV, next to Sky Garden :). U can find me on Facebook via my email  [email protected] :)

Better to keep in touch ;). I can show u the area. No worry, u can find everything there :). Even there are a famous singapore restaurant/ Pub, called Peaches ;)

Sometime i go there for dinner too :)