Regular Expat blog meet up

I know I am probably pointing out the obvious but days are getting dark early evening, perhaps a bit too much for that particular spot?

so here is a funny story : after two months and having explored half the island i decided not to do anything today and go down to the meeting. so i walked from surfside almost to exiles looking down. i didn't reach exiles cause i didn't see anyone or any fire sth that would imply that there were people there. so went back to 1st group, asked and the answer was no..

so i decided that i should come back to the flat, send some more application letters and gods willing  i'll attend the winter meetings!!

anyway, are u meeting again next wednesday and where?

Hi martelli,

we were there on the beach at our usual spot.

We had an England flag flying and two dogs with us this evening!

We were 8 this evening as several preferred to go to the Tribali concert at the Lido instead.. We left at 10 pm and some went to the concert too.

Sorry it didn't work out.
Send me a private message and I will send you my mobile phone number to contact next week! WE are always there.

Cheers
Ricky

hi all

when the next meeting, new to malta and dont know anyone here so some new friends would be great

I might be going to that meeting as well. When is it and where? :)

Thanks

Hi Magictrix,

check out post #213 and look for the (small) flag.

See you there on Wednesday after 7 pm.

Cheers
Ricky

Hi guys! when the next meeting? i'd like to practise my english :)

Hi SmallT,

it's guys and gals-)))

We meet every Wednesday at 7 pm on the beach in Sliema. Please follow the instructions on previous posts.

I just can't post the whole stuff everytime!

Look forward to meeting you coming Wednesday -)))

Cheers
Ricky

maps.google.com/maps?q=sliema+exiles&hl=en&ll=35.917407,14.499807&spn=0.00729,0.009645&sll=3

Hope links are not against the rules Ricky - it is for a good cause.

It's right about where the i from the word torri is. i marks the spot.

Hi Peregrinus,

the Exiles link is not against the forum rules but it is not the exact location of out meeting spot.

We meet around the corner , direction Sliema , down the steps next to the Tower. We can see Exiles but we are not exactly there!

Just walk along towards Surfside. I put up a small flag to mark our group ( sometimes only 5 , sometimes 15 )

Cheers
Ricky

Yeah thats right but open the link and scroll in once and you will see the il-torri description I mentioned. Then the spot is where the i is on most resolutions

Hi all,

it looks as if it might be very windy this evening for today's regular meeting.

I will be there in any case . If it is bad we will walk along the beach and sit at Surfside restaurant, either in the open or inside.

It is still just too early to move permanently indoors again. The winter is long enough - )))

Cheers
Ricky

This maybe my first chance to meet forum members next wednesday night im coming over for a few days to secure accommodation, hope you wont mind me picking your brains on a few things.

Cliff

Hi cliff,

no problem , just check the beach first and if nobody is there today take a stroll to Surfside (within viewing distance). We will be there if the weather is windy.

Cheers
Ricky

I wanna join for the first time!! :-)

that would be a great idea :) hope some people would attend

Hi everyone,

Is there anyone around Msida for meeting up?

Emma

Anything special we have to know for this weeks meeting?

" It's every Wednesday until Autumn "  :nothappy:

Edit: Yesss, saw the little flag right from the promenade and
      enjoyed the chat with some of you...
      See you again end mach/april 2014 folks 

Arriving in Malta tomorrow evening.
Hope to meet up Wednesday.

I am living in Malta for Two Years and Working as an Auditor in a Multinational Company, willing to meet up and sharing some experiences. Coz Sharing is caring ;)

Have a Nice Weekend every one

Cheers!!!!

Hi all,

after a very nice summer of meetings on the beach every Wednesday we are moving back indoors as of this Wednesday (6 th November 2013).

So the regular Wednesday meeting will be back at Bianco's restaurant opposite Spinola Bay at and after 7 pm.

http://www.biancos.info/

We look forward to seeing all regulars and newcomers at the new/old location.

I myself will be away for the first two meetings so Ilona will be looking after the event.

Cheers
Ricky

yessss love bianco's and their cosy corner, this wednesday I will bring some italians too...;)

Hey! I live in Msida for those of you living not far ;) It can

Hello, We are a francoitalian family who just moved to Malta 2 weeks ago with a 5 years old boy. We will do our best to be at the next wednesday meeting. Is there anything going on this week end?
Looking forward to meeting you
Sabine, Matteo and Noam

Hey...Hope everyone had a good start into the new year. Are these meetings still happening? :-) I'd love to join one.

Thanks for the New Year wishes.

Yes, the meetings are still on every Wednesday at Bianco's restaurant at Spinola Bay at 7 pm and after.

Attendance varies and people come and go so sometime it is a smaller group , sometime quite large. Just go along and join in. We meet in the couch corner in the rear of the restaurant.

I won't be there myself coming Wednesday as I have another event on the same day but there should be others there.

Cheers
Ricky

Hi Ricky,
New to the island. What age group can we expect at the Wednesday meetings?
Kind regards,
Madie

Hi Madie,

usually from around 30 to 60 years from different countries. It changes every week.

Cheers
Ricky

hi, usually until what time the meeting goes on ? :)

amorina.langsam wrote:

hi, usually until what time the meeting goes on ? :)

How long do you want to be there?  :)

Hi amorina.

well, that changes from week to week. I would say ,on average, until about 10 pm. After that some go on to other places ,pubs or even Paceville (not me -))).

But it could finish earlier so don't come too late.

Cheers
Ricky

Hi. I have just joined here and wondered whether there was a meeting this wednesday (15th January)? I am looking to meet new people and obviously don't want to turn up with nobody there :)

Hi Laura,
I can safely say someone will be there!
Look forward to meeting you.
Barrie.

Hi. Not going to manage this wednesday but hopefully next week. Have a good evening.

Hi all,

Quick question for you. Is the meeting on for tomorrow (22nd). If yes what is the general format ( if any) i.e do people sit and eat together or just sit around talking/drinking.

Newbe so curious as we hope to attend.

Paul & Deanna

Hi PoshPB,

some have a bite (food is very good at BIanco's)  and others just have beer or wine or whatever.

People come and go and newbies are always welcome.

Cheers
Ricky

would love to come as newbies the following weds. Will you be around?

Nice to meet some of you last night, sorry we didn't have chance to chat with you all but we will be back hopefully for 1st meeting in March.

Paul & Deanna

[Moderated: Avoid copy/paste on the forum.]