Regular Expat blog meet up

Hi there,
Finally back from a month away and more than ready to meet new people, have drinks and fun!
So if anybody is in for a drink this weekend or next week, feel free to suggest it! ;-)

See you

Raphaele

Hi all,

now that Autumn has arrived and the weather has become unreliable to host beach picnics  we are meeting this coming Wednesday , 19 th October at the Surfside restaurant on Tower Road in Sliema for a beer and a bite. It is from 7 pm onwards.

At the meeting we can decide on future meeting days and places.

I look forward to seeing you all again after many nice summer beach picnics.

Please give me feedback if you are coming so I know how many places to reserve.

For those of you who are new check out their website:

http://www.surfsidemalta.com/

Look forward to seeing you all.

Cheers
Ricky

Hi Peeps,

Sorry, didn't make it again last night.  Is there another meeting on Friday or next Wednesday?

x

Hi,

we had a very nice get together yesterday evening.

We are planning to meet on a regular basis every Wednesday at 7 pm at Surfside in Sliema.

I will send out the details again in a few days to remind everybody.

Cheers
Ricky

Hi everyone!!!
How can i join you in the meeting on Wednesday?:cool:

hi all!
me too I'd like to join

Hi,

send me your e-mail by PM and just come along this evening at 7 pm to Surfside restaurant in Sliema on Tower Road and ask or look for a group that looks like Expats-)))

Cheers
Ricky

Hi, I'm a Spanish girl who wants to meet new people to practice english. I live Near St julians.

Hi all,

our next Expat meeting will be this coming Wednesday , 2 nd  November at the Surfside restaurant on Tower Road in Sliema for a beer and a bite. It is from 7 pm onwards.

Please give me feedback if you are coming so I know how many places to reserve.

For those of you who are new check out their website:

http://www.surfsidemalta.com/

Look forward to seeing you all.

Cheers
Ricky

Hi all,

just a reminder and invitation to this weeks meeting at Surfside tomorrow evening from 7 pm onwards.

For details please look at last weeks post.

See you all there.

Cheers
Ricky

me too, me too :)
i'm new, add me to the mailer as well! wanna meet some people here other way than stalking them randomly on the streets or what not ;)

Hi tenko,

just send me your e-mail by Private Message or just come along this evening and pass it to me.

Cheers
Ricky

Dear all,

I am already in Malta for 6 months as an expat but would like to make more friends and connections.:D
Please kindly inform me when meeting events/networking will be held.

Grazzi!
Kei

Hi Kei,

if you send me your private e-mail I can add you to our expat meeting mailing list.

Our next , and last meeting for this year, is on Friday 30 th December at the Surfside restaurant on Tower Road in Sliema from 7 pm onwards.

Look forward to seeing you there.

Cheers
Ricky

Dear Ricky,

Thanks a lot! I would like to join on Friday, so please let me in.
I am gonna send you a private message.

Grazzi!
Kei

So you guys all met again this Friday. I envy you. I'll move to Malta on feb.2nd 2012 and can't wait. I hope these weekly meetings will continue, 'cause I'd like to join in.
I will be living in Qawra. Not that far from sliema I think.
Happy New Year.

Hi RaffLa,

welcome to the forum.

Yes, we are meeting this Friday at Surfside restaurant in Sliema at 7 pm for the last meet-up of this year.

We look forward to seeing you and any other folks interested in meeting other Expats there next year.

Qawra is a bit away but with the new Arriva bus service it should be ok to get to Sliema and back.

Cheers
Ricky

Hi all,

our first meeting for 2012 is tomorrow evening , Wednesday 4 th January from 7 pm onwards at Surfside restaurant in Sliema.

Look forward to seeing you there. To get the invitation earlier please send me your e-mail through PM and I'll add you to our mailing list.

Newbies just ask for me or Expats.

Cheers
Ricky

won't be able to show up due to an illness :( same as last week. have fun! i'll see you sometime later :)

Hi!
Any more meetings planned? Maybe in February? Would love to join!

Best, petra

Hi Petra,

yes, our next meeting is this Wednesday 1 st. Febuary at Surfside restaurant in Sliema at 7 pm. It is on the Tower Road promenade at Ghar-it-Dhud (near bus stop).

Anybody interested in meeting other Expats is welcome to join in.

Cheers
Ricky

Hi all ,

we have moved our weekly Expat meeting venue to Bianco's restaurant on Spinola Bay in St. Julians.

Anybody interested in meeting up with other Expats is invited to come along every Wednesday at or after 7 pm. We are to be found in the cosy couch corner at the rear of the restaurant. Just ask for Ilona or Ricky.

To be added to our mailing list just send me your e-mail through private message.

Look forward to meeting newbies.

Cheers
Ricky

Hi I was wondering if there was any meet and greets happening early June this year?? I am coming over to Malta on the 2nd for a research trip with my partner and our daughter and would love to meet up with other expradites? :)

Hi,

we still have our weekly Expat meetings in St. Julians every Wednesday (see the post above).

By June we will probably be hosting our weekly  beach picnic again - same as last year somewhere on the Sliema seafront. Just send me your e-mail and I will add you to our mailing list.

Cheers
Ricky

Hi all, I am coming to Malta for a research trip on 11th june staying for a week in Bugibba. Is there a meeting on then? Would love to come and chat to people that have made it across and are living in Malta any advice would be great thanks :)

Hi helz,

yes, we meet every week in Sliema. We are usually 8-10-12 people , regulars and newbies in different configuration every week depending on who is around and who has time and doesn't have to work .

Send me your e-mail and I'll add you to our mailing list. In the summer we meet on the beach/seafront every Wednesday evening. At the moment we meet at Bianco's restaurant in St. Julians's.

Cheers
Ricky

Hi all,

we are changing our weekly meeting from Bianco's in St. Julians to the seafront rocky beach beneath Tower Road in Sliema.

To start the season we will be on the beach this Saturday 2 nd June from 3 pm onwards.

To find us just walk along Tower Road past the Independance Gardens and past the tower on the corner. Next to the tower is a crepe kiosk and a set of steps leading down. We will be down on  the rocks near the water.

Just bring food and drinks , whatever you fancy and join in . The weather should be good and you can even swim there if you want to brave the cold water -)))

From next Wednesday onwards until the end of summer we will be at this spot from 7 pm onwards.

I look forward to seeing you all there.

Cheers
Ricky

Hi all,

just a reminder that we are having our Expat beach picnic every Wednesday evening from now on. The location is as in the above post. During the European Cup we can relocate to the Torri bar just above for the 9 pm game if there is interest. In particular this is the case this Wednesday as Germany is playing.

So bring some food and drinks and we can have fun together.
Look forward to seeing you there.

Cheers
Ricky

I move to Malta in 4 weeks and would love to get to know people already there, as I have no family or friends there!

Hi ckeat1,

we meet every Wednesday at 7pm as described in the previous post.

It is a great opportunity to meet Expats.

There are also several other groupd meeting and organizing activities.

Contact me when you are here.

Cheers
Ricky

Big hello from Scotland.

I'm moving to Malta at the end of the month.

Do you have these days/nights out regularly as I'd love to come along and meet some news faces, must admit it's a little daunting moving but super exciting!

Tem

Hi Tem,

the meetings are still on the beach every Wednesday at 7 pm. It is not even that far away from the St. James Hospital -)))

Look forward to meeting you there in August.

Cheers
Ricky

I wanna join you guys as well...still in Holland though :|

Soon...very soon!
Speriamo a bene :)

Hi all,

just a reminder that we meet on the beach every Wednesday at 7 pm for a beach picnic. At the moment we are 8 -15 regulars and Newbies are always welcome.

For the location see post #68 in this thread.

Cheers and see you tomorrow
Ricky

Hi all,

we will be having our weekly beach picnic this Wednesday 8 th August as usual from 7 pm onwards. Check out previous posts for the exact location -)))

We will be having a BBQ in the next few days too so please attend on Wednesday as we will be discussing the date and location.

We look forward to meeting all regulars and newbies.

If in doubt about the location please send me a private message.

Cheers
Ricky

I'll be arriving too. See you there!

Hi all,

we decided to launch our beach BBQ this Saturday 11 th August at 7 pm at our usual spot on the Sliema seafront.

All our regulars know where to go . Newcomers are always welcome , just send me a private message for details of how to find us and so we know how many to expect or check out previous posts.

Bring your favourite food and drinks. We can slso swim there ( if there are no jellies around). As we are using one-way bbq grills bring things that are easy to grill -)))

We look forward to seeing you on Saturday.

Cheers
Ricky

Do the expat meetings still take place every Wednesday? I'm coming over to Malta on Thursday and would be interested in coming along :) x

Hi sophie,

yes, we are still meeting every Wednesday and will be until we move back indoors in the Autumn.

Check out previous posts for the exact location. If in doubt send me a PM and I will send you my mobile number to guide you.

We are always happy to great new members.

Cheers
Ricky

Hi all,

My husband and I are moving to Malta tomorrow! :) We've got an apartment in Gzira and will be working in Sliema. We'd love to come and join you on Wednesday if that's ok!? We don't know anyone yet so really want to meet some people. Thanks for all the great advice on this site, it's been invaluable. :)

Flo and Chris