Mexicans in Russia?

Hi, I am a Mexican national and would like to know as much as possible about making a move into Russia. Visa, Work, Living Expenses, School, and Culture are all my main concern. I need guidance as to how I should go about when moving to Russia... any bit of information helps.

Thanks.

Hi and welcome on board pandito81!

I hope other members will guide you soon ;)

Regards
Armand

Greetings Armand,

Thank You! I am looking forward to hear from other members :)

Pandito81,

Greetings from Moscow!

In what town do you plan to arrive?

Hi Yury ,

I am not 100% sure , but most likely in Moscow. In the Filevsky area... is that correct? Anyway, I am curious as to how difficult it would be for me (foreigner) to get around in Moscow? I have heard many things about racism and hate towards foreigners, is this true? Also, how expensive is it in Moscow? I plan on attending school there and work to help pay for my studies, is this possible?

Thank You :)

pandito81 wrote:

Hi Yury ,

I am not 100% sure , but most likely in Moscow. In the Filevsky area... is that correct? Anyway, I am curious as to how difficult it would be for me (foreigner) to get around in Moscow? I have heard many things about racism and hate towards foreigners, is this true? Also, how expensive is it in Moscow? I plan on attending school there and work to help pay for my studies, is this possible?

Thank You :)

You can see Moscow's prices on this site: numbeo.com/cost-of-living/city_result.jsp?country=Russia&city=Moscow

(near to the center of town there is a higher price)

Filevsky area is very nice. It is located near the business center and the cheapest electronics store in Moscow - The Gorbushka.

To find a job to foreigners, unfortunately, very difficult. It is mainly unskilled labor.

Prices for schools, colleges and universities are different. It depend on the prestige of educational institutions.

Was you already in Russia and in Moscow? Let's come as a tourist for a study tour to investigate. This will be the best option.

The process of obtaining a visa is about the same as in Europe.

Racism and nationalism, unfortunately, are one of the main problems in Russia and Moscow in particular. Our people are losing their jobs due to the tense economic situation in the country and they reimburse it anger at politicians and foreigners, unfortunately... I have a very negative attitude to this matter.

My wife and I dream of leaving Russia in Fiji (or Ecuador or the Dominican Republic) due to Russian corruption, bad environment, bureaucracy and high prices. But it is only my opinion :) After all, this forum for immigrants and I try correspond to this requirement :)

You may contact me by e-mail ([email protected]) or in facebook: facebook.com/yury.shashkin

Yury,

Thank You very much for your help, I will look into all the information you have provided :)

I have not been in Russia before, I would like to study Conservation of Fine Arts. Any type of employment will be good for the meantime :) I do not require a special employment, just money flow to help for living expenses and school. The good life comes after ;)

I have never been to the countries you wish to live in, but I hear that they are great places. Of course... depending on the employment and lifestyle you and your wife desire.

Again, Thank You so much and Good Luck with your travels :) I will add you on facebook :)

Felipe,