Something nice about Bahrain

I am in Bahrain since quite sometime and found the best Country in compare to other GCC countries with freedom, less pollution, less traffic, good and friendly local people, easy access to places...overall this makes a perfect place to live and becoming a member of Expat.com its a cherry on the cake where u have access to all like minded people u want to be friendly with...

Hi erosisboy!

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Armand

I am moving to Bahrain in 8 weeks time and at the weekend had to inform my parents.  They took it reasonably well and I think the reason for that was because of the fact the we want to go to Bahrain rather than have to go as a result of the economic conditions in Ireland.  Of the questions I was asked about the country and the people, the lifestyle and the culture, I found myself rationalising the move to my father in a way that, when I look back on it now, seems to be almost over the top.  However, I have been in Bahrain 3 times now and I think I've seen both the best and the worst that Bahrain can offer.  The best was when I was at the Bahrain GP in 2010, where the country seemed to be just full of life & enthusiasm, the people were incredibly friendly and open, we had a fantastic time and were eagerly awaiting returning.  Then in March of this year, we had booked our flights for the GP again, but alas it was cancelled...we decided to go anyway to visit our friends and to relax where the weather was nice(Ireland's most common weather pattern is rain, followed by rain with a little more rain thrown in just in case we hadn't had enough!!) I planned on staying for a month in the hope of finding a job, but a week after our arrival, the situation drastically changed and all but confined me to my friend's apartment and seriously diminished my chances of meeting people and actively seeking work.  But all through this time, anyone I met, be it at a restaurant, in a bar or shop, or anywhere really, were always more than courteous, noble and generous.  Never once in my time there did I feel threatened in any way, and was always treated better than any country I've ever been to.

Bahrain's greatest asset is it's people, they remind me of Ireland 30 years ago, before we sold our souls to greed and the false belief that the accumulation of wealth based on a huge lie was the way forward for our nation.  What Ireland is left with is a crippled economy, rising debt for it's citizens and a bleak economic future for the next ten years at least.  I am glad of the opportunity to move to Bahrain, my partner has accepted a job there and is really looking forward to the new challenges this role will bring.  I'm traveling with her and hope that I have more success in finding something when I'm there...as the days go by, it seems likely that I will.  I'm really looking forward to it:D

Hi Hag,

Thank you so much for sharing !
Wish you all the best in you seek for a job !

Olivier