Coming to Paris in 2012

Hi everyone!

My name is Rosie and I'm from Melbourne, Australia.

I'm going to be hopefully coming to Paris in March next year to live for a while- very exciting!
I studied in France in 2009 and have been back 4 times since, but still my French is not so good. I hope that once I have spent a few months living in Paris, I can work in advertising which is currently the industry where I work in Melbourne.

Feel free to say hi and share any tips and advice you may have for me or even your experiences with moving to Paris!

Rosie :)

Hi rosie_elizabeth!

I moved your message to the Paris forum for better visibility!
Welcome to Expat.com ;)

Armand

D'day Rosie!

Glad to see aussie people on Expat.com, I had been one year in Oz and 5 months in Mel, great  place!

Will you come here with a whv?

see ya
phil

Thanks Armand!

Phil- coming back to Paris as its my favourite city in the world!
I have lots of friends there and so want to try and live there for a little while- we'll see how it goes!
I want to eventually work there too but know to work I will need to improve my French :)

and Mel. is my favorite city!! walking on swanston street, going to stkilda :D

so if you need to improve your french, we are here :D

see ya

Will be in Paris from August for a year or two so would be great to meet you :)

That would be great! How are you finding Paris so far??

I'm not there yet, in the south of france at the moment. moving in 3 weeks to paris. can't wait! already found some really nice people on this website to meet up with when i get there, so i won't feel all alone! are you looking forward to going? x

Oh- the South of France is amazing! That's really great that you have already found some people that you can meet up with :) It will certainly make things easier!
I am really looking forward to coming- of course a little nervous, mainly because my French isnt great but oh well- its all part of the experience, right?!
I think the more people you know, the better though...
Feel free to add me on FB too! My name is under: Rosie Elizabeth

Have added you, so we can have a proper chat on there and hopefully arrange to meet up :)

bring some vegemite and timtam here :D

hi there i'm in paris and enjoy it
happy to meet you soon
byyyyy

Hi sam_75, welcome to Expat.com!

Do not hesitate to share your experience with us.

Thank you. :)

Hi Rosie, I am sort of in the same boat as you, living in Melbourne and hoping to move to Paris next year. I was there a couple of weeks ago and have fallen in love with the city and now am getting my arse into gear to move. I also know very little french, although am doing a class at RMIT. Perhaps i will see you there!

krissy.

Hi Krissy!

Welcome to Expat.com ;)

Armand