Western kind of suburb in Kampala to live?

I am planning to live some time in Kampala in a rented house (also possible with my Ugandan friend .. ok, let me reveal that she is my girlfriend :) ..Uganda has some very good looking women I must say.). I visited my friend and there was a lot of people but there was no whites in that area :). I was walking outside and people kind of looking at me ... To be honest I dont really like that (also a bit concerned that this would be more risky because of robberies etc. ... not good to be different...). So I would prefer to live in an area where there are whites + other cultures living as well to feel more secure. Anybody knows where this kind of suburbs exist in Kampala? Maximum rent would be like 800 000 shillings. Am not looking for those huge mansions :) - not that kind of money.

Also am looking for modern house to rent. Any help here?

Dont get me wrong, am not rasist :) - its nice to be with other people from different races as long as they are nice ...its just that I dont want to be the only white in the area for security reasons and I dont like the attention.

A white neighbourhood for 800,000 p/m?? No chance

My girlfriend says that I need to pay 800 000 to get a flat in a "good place". Not sure what that means. I do not mean an area with only white ppl, but more like a mixed area or an area with at least some white ppl living there.

Hi,

If you say you dont need big house than you might consider Bukoto Brown/White flats. White has 2-3 bedrooms and brown is smaller than that. Brown is cheaper. You can find small house in Kamwokya area where there are many Indians including me.

bye.

"you might consider Bukoto Brown/White flats. White has 2-3 bedrooms and brown is smaller than that"

Thanks. I am looking cheap ones (although the condition can not be too bad also). 500 000-600 000 would be perfect.

How much is the rent in those?