Anyone have any info on staying in Budva??

I have a job offer in Prague that I will be starting in mid August. Untill then I would love to just relax for awhile in Europe (I have never been)!

My Serbian friend suggested that I go stay in Budva for a month before I need to start work.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?
Also do any of you have any information on what it costs to rent in Budva per night. I would be staying for about 30 days. Or even better can anyone recommend a place to stay?

Any information would be great! As I said I have never been to Europe or out of North America for that matter and I am doing this alone!

Thanks so much,

Bailey

Hi and welcome to Expat.com Bailey!

I hope other members will advise you soon :)

Regards
Armand

Hi Bailey, July and August in Budva are pretty crazy! The old part of the city is beautiful and is also very crowded this time of year.  There are really nice beaches, not too crowded, not too far from Budva, but really Budva is a madhouse in July and August. There are also lots of things going on and lots of fun people there, too.  Just depends on your idea of fun and crowds of people.  There are a couple of hostels in Budva. You can Google them to see the possibility of accomodation there. Calling is also good. Many people rent a room in their house, called sobe. This is often the cheapest way to stay someplace, and is also a way to get to know a local family. If you get to Budva and can stay for a few nights in a hostel, you might be able to find something else more long-term, keeping in mind this is the very busiest time of year. You might also consider Herceg novi which is nice and has a lot going on!

Many people do not speak English, or else speak very little. The more Serbian or Montenegrin you can learn in advance, the better for you! Good luck!