Your Favorite 5

Quite simple reason what are the top 5 placed to go /visit or do in Belgium. (things or places you would recommend others to try out) That is all thanks

1. Planckendael Zoo
2. Bokrijk (nature park - kind off)
3. Brugge
4. Bobbejaanland (theme park)
5. Grotten van Han (caves in the Ardennes)

I agree with the suggestions Liesbethvd makes and would like to add three:

- the zoo in Antwerp
- Pairi Daiza in Ath (a wildlife park)
- the Atomium in Brussels (structure from the 1958 World Fair)

P.S. Bokrijk is not a nature park, but an open air museum with a great collection of original Flemish houses and farms from around 1850.

Enjoy!

Okies maybe it used to be a Nature park years back still pretty cool though

That really depends on what one's interests are. There is no "top 5 things for all people."

And, years back? Like, two centuries ago? 0_o

Melby I just thought it would be a nice discussion topic so sorry if it annoys you. I just figured it might help people learn more about what bars restaurants and other attractions to go visit are out there and I meant a few years back it was only a suggestion not here to stomp on anyones views or suggestions.

this is a really nice thread, I will follow it up.

For now I can say
1. Brugge
2. Antwerp Old City Center, very romantic and nice to walk.
3. Atomium in brussels.
4.  MiniEurope

I still have a lot of more things to know and visit here.

Yeah sadly I have not had a huge amount of time to Visit things however I am apparently been taken around some places end of July so then I should have more to add however so far I have found a nice resterant / cafe At first glance at the menu it can look It is kinda pricey at 9 euros for a lasagne's when looking at the menu. However it is really good value for money (Big portons etc and the food is really nicely made)t pleintje in Beersel.(its not to far out from Brussels) Also the sandwiches look amazing. However be careful what time you go as they can be a lot students in there around 12.

And yes before anyone starts I have already mentiond this place in another thead to.

I am not saying the topic is bad, I'm saying everyone has different interests, so like, asking "what 5 things should I do?" from someone else, could give you 5 things you would totally hate.

In other words, to be useful to all, it would probably help if people explained what it was that they enjoy about what they list, so others can get an idea about it and whether it is something that actually interests *them* as well.

Melby wrote:

In other words, to be useful to all, it would probably help if people explained what it was that they enjoy about what they list, so others can get an idea about it and whether it is something that actually interests *them* as well.

Well Melby,

I could go into details why I like these places but if you ask a thousand different people you might get a thousand different reasons.
For example you can go to Planckendael and come back disappointed because there are no elephants (yet. It seems they are coming this winter). Details, details...

I always say: you won't know unless you've tried. And if you are the carefull type I suggest you do some preparatory research on the internet. That's what I always do.;)

Well the topic works a little I mean I quite like the sound of Grotten van Han (caves in the Ardennes) so then I would look into it more. Really it was just to find out places. I am still on the search for a coffee shop that dose skimmed milk I think I need to start visiting some more. So far I have been to a couple but had no luck but I love the fresh orange juice you can get so easily here.

People in Belgium are not really into skimmed milk that much. Only place I know they do it in Belgium is Starbucks but you only have a few of those in Belgium. There is one in Antwerp Central station and one in Brussels central station. Not sure if there are any anywhere else...

Regarding places to visit, the advantage of Belgium is that Belgium is small (also a disadvantage of course) so it's quite easy to go to the neighbour countries to visit things as well. For instance, where I'm from is only 20 minutes drive from the Netherlands so it's great to go and visit things there as well.

Sometimes in Belgium, you need to think 'outside the box' - something Belgian people are not always good at!

Lol thanks. Looks like if going to lattes it may have to be starbucks although im not a huge fan of starbucks its a shame really but all other milk makes me feel sick as its to rich. However I will keep looking out. Yeah I might take a shopping trip into Netherlands in a few months. Also when im in gent I need to find a good waffle place to take my friend.

It's nice to see so many suggestions :) I haven't really explored Belgium much in the time i've been here, so I'll check to see which ones I can visit :)

Cool. My next plan explore gent so maybe i shall find some suggestions to put here

dinant
bioul
louvain la neuve
mons
military base of chievres