Any problem on the forum ? Please use the REPORT link

Hi,

Expat.com is a worldwide site & a small team, so we haven't got the time to read and reply 100% of the messages (even if we are doing our very best!).

But you can help.

If you notice any issue in a message, please use the report link at the bottom right of the message, and explain the issue.

It will help us to identify issues and quickly intervene.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Julien

SURE WILL!! :)

thats a good reminder. and i will be on the alert to report such an unacceptable issue as the action will go a long in contributing to the sanity of Expat.com

I can't post my job add in classifieds..
It's still not published

Hello AnnetVlad, it's only because it is still being validated!;)

Harmonie.

Harmonie wrote:

Hello AnnetVlad, it's only because it is still being validated!;)

Harmonie.

Oh ok i see)))
Thank you:)

Hey I would like to do a meet up next week on 3 Feb (Friday), dinner time.

Check out details here:  https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 385#599484

It happens when we remove a spammer's account. I guess we should write another error message

Oh, o.k. then.

Living in a foreign country, while it is fun, exciting and a good learning experience could also be a challenge and even difficult.  Information about visa, the immigration office, good food, cheap hotels, etc.,  may be available in the internet and travel books, but,  narration of recent and actual experience (and tips from locals) is more important.  Thus, an expat forum is very helpful.

Questions like, What is pigi in English, or translation of a Tagalog phrase may seem very mundane, but could be a difficulty to a newbie expat.  I had this experience looking for corn starch in a grocery of a non-English speaking country, and while everybody was very helpful, it was a very chaotic grocery experience for me.  So, I turned to an expat forum, like this one, to get help from other expats and English speaking locals.  Expat forums are very helpful source of information.

When I joined this forum, this is what I was expecting to read in the topics.  However, it seems that this expat forum is getting to be more of meet-ups, dating forum kind of thing.  Somebody's asking about the Tagalog language… let's meet.  Somebody's asking about a flat somewhere…..let's meet.  Is this what this forum is supposed to be?  Is this where a foreign guy looks for a nice local lady? Because if it is, then I apologize I must have misunderstood.   But if it's not I hope the moderators could do something about where this forum is heading.

Hi Ge0f,

Expat.com is indeed not a dating site.
As you pointed out, it is aimed at helping expatriates about life in general in the country they live in or they are planning to live in.

If you see some dating related posts, please use the Report link ;)