Information about life in Denmark !

Hello everyone !
This is Kamaljit Virdi, from India. I am interested in knowing about Denmark. How to get a job in Denmark and which occupations are in high demand. As I need to apply for a 3 year Green Card Scheme currently being run for Indians, it would be of great help if someone can let me know more about life in Denmark, its culture, its people (heard it is one of the happiest country in the world).
How much accommodation costs for a single person and food costs ? Is English widely spoken as I have no knowledge of Danish language ? At work, can we speak English or have to learn Danish ? Please any other information about Denmark will be of immense help.
Thanks,
Cheers,
Kamaljit Virdi

Hi Kamaljit Virdi,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

I hope you get replies to your queries very soon.

I wish you good luck
Christine

Hey there!

I've just moved to Odense, Denmark this week and I can tell you a few things.

It's true, they look pretty happy and everyone is so nice to you here. English is vry widely spoken. From the people that I've talked to on the street, more than 90% spoke English. Unfortunately, as I understand, you must learn Danish if you want a good job here. You can probably find something only with your English, like I am trying to find right now, but knowing Danish would be a big plus. I'm already starting to learn it.

Anyway, I hope I answered a few of your questions. Have a nice day :)