New member from the USA

Hello everybody!  I've been living in Hong Kong, Tuen Mun to be more specific, for about 4 months, but just found out about this website yesterday.  Is there anybody else living in this part of the New Territories? 

I'd really like to meet some English speaking friends since my cantonese isn't very good (the only think I can do in cantonese is order lemon tea and sring rolls).  If you're new in town I'd be happy to show you around or offer any advice I can give from my experience moving here.  I look forward to chatting online with and hopefully meeting some of you in the future!

you may chat with me on skype:
ahsanahsan720

Hi jmercer,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

I hope you get replies very soon and get lots of new contacts on the site. Do not hesitate to participate and share your experiences with us.

Thank you,
All the best,
Christine

Hello there, In Hong Kong Island there are many expats and locals that can speak English and will be happy to chat with you. JW

Hi jmerce,
Not sure if this is to late to reply.  My boyfriend and I are visiting HK in a week's time.  Would like to meet up for coffee/lunch whatever.  We're from Canada but half of my family is in the States (California, Chicago and Boston).

Please email me if you're interested to meet up.

Amanda

[email protected]

Go to Central, SOHO, Wan chai, and LKF and you will meet all the non locals hearded there needing common friends to talk with. JW

Thank you JWilliamson! We'll definitely check out these areas.  Do you happen to know which bar/club/restaurant are the favorite hang out places for the non local? specially North Americans? Thanks for your input!

Cheers!

Hong Kong is small and over crowded so every bar and club will be right next to the other and every bar and club will be filled by non locals so no worries just walk and take it as an adventure. Even the locals do it this way they just hunt. Hong Kong is not like USA where you easily get a accurate address, here it is more like a ant hill with many tunnels and small pockets filled with stores, restaurants, bars and clubs. Wan Chai night clubs will be mostly filled with Professional women (90%).

Hi Amanda, I am still in hong kong and I would be happy to meet, but it would have to be on Tuesday or Wednesday if that is ok. I agree with jwilliamson that finding places is different here, but it can also be fun! You have to think vertically! if you are only interested the bar/club scene then I won't be much help, but I can definitely help out with the more beautiful parts of hong kong!