House and car wanted

Hi all
Our work visas are approved and flights booked!! My wife and I will be in Suva in two weeks where I will be beginning work with the USP. We have short term accomodation when we first arrive but will be seeking to purchase a relatively cheap car and rent a comfortable but not too elaborate (ie affordable) house - probably in that order. If anyone knows of a house available for long term rent to a couple of clean living Aussies Id greatly appreciate a contact.
Thanks
Marty

Hello Marty!

You should post an advert in the Fiji Classifieds > accommodation section/house for rent, and also in the Buy and sell section/car.

I hope it helps.

Regards,
Harmonie.

Hi Marty,
My husband and I are also moving to Suva and he'll be starting at USP later in the year. If you check the FijiTimes online and click on classifieds, there are plenty of ads (especially posted in the Saturday edition).
We also hope to get temporary accomodation through USP, but we will be looking for something else in Suva that also will be good for our cat. We'll be heading to Suva next month to check out a few things before finalising things later in the year.

Did I read before that you are putting your dogs through quarantine? How is that working out?

cheers,
Melanie

Hi Melanie
Thanks for the advice. We have looked at the Fiji times, but will get into some serious house hunting once the dust has settled on our landing. We now have our work permit and will be arriving in Suva next Wednesday (5th), after spending the last month with family in BC Canada. Looking forward to warmer weather! Good luck with your planning and prep - our biggest delay was in Australia waiting 7 weeks for the Police Check, very frustrating!

Based on a number of factors, mainly cost and climate, we have sadly decided to leave our dogs with family in Adelaide. They are long haired border collies and the advice we received was that they would have trouble handling the heat and humidity. I guess it will make us more mobile not having to worry about them but of course they will be missed.

Look forward to seeing you both over there!
Marty