Looking for Geneva Newcomers

Dear Expat.com members,

I am a Phd Student at EPFL in Lausanne and I am presently conducting research on the socialization of international newcomers in Geneva. More specifically, I am trying to understand how internet forums or sites like Expat.com for example, help (or don't help) to make contacts in order to find an appartment, a job, to get information about administrative issues or even to find friends.

As an anthropologist, I'm looking for volunteers to participate to face-to-face in-depth interviews of around one hour about the above-mentioned questions. Anonymity of the participants is guaranteed.

If you are interested or want more information about the aims and conditions of the research, please contact me (see below).

Thank you very much in advance and see you soon,

Hossam Adly
Assistant doctorant
LaSUR Laboratoire de sociologie urbaine
EPFL Lausanne
+41 21  693 62 39
mobile: +41 76 589 97 93
[email protected]

Hi, I'm Egyptian and will move to Geneva by early to mid Oct. 2011. I'm here to find new acquaitnaces, accommodation, as well as assistance with settling in a new environment. I've had a previous 2 months stay in Geneva.
If your research will be still in progress by the time I've settled in Geneva, I'd like to participate.
Regards,
Ossama