Need Help with Upcoming Move Back to France

Hi,

I am moving back to France after spending years in the States. I am a bit overwhelmed with what I need to do in order to reestablish my "rights" in France. I have un "numero de securite sociale". I would appreciate any advice, suggestions, help...that you can give me as I don't know where to start. Also my son is moving with me and is registered in a school. How do I get medical coverage for him (and I)? Thank you for your time.

Hi,

I don t know if it is too late to answer you. If you have a "numero de securite social" it is ok. Cause I guess you did already work in France. About your son it depend how old is he (If he is under 18 years old, he will be on your insurance number). Well anyway in France they never let someone without "healf security";) But you have many different cases depend of your situation.

Good luck!

Lora

Hi Lora,

Thank you for your replying. I was born in France therefore I have my French citizenship and have lived in the U.S. for over 20 years. I also have my U.S. citizenship. I am going back to live in France. I have been told that the "social security system" is not a given just because I am French and have a numero de securite sociale. Apparently the fact that I have been gone this long affects my rights to health benefits. Therefore I am trying to find out what is the reintegration process so that my son (who is a minor) and I can be covered medically. I would appreciate any additional tips that you may have now that I have posted more details about my situation. Thank you and take care!

Ok but why moving? will you have a job? cause yes if you will work your number will be ok. Are you steel French? I mean did you change your nationality? Well it is important to know why your moving back for job or something else cause it makes a hudge difference. And you son goes anyway in your "numero de securite social"

It all Depends on your nationality , Even you have numero de securite social in France , you are not automatically considered as a resident of France .securite sociale and carte de sejour are tow complete different things .

Write me, if you require further info concerning your  situtaion

thanks

I am in a similar situation in that I have French citizenship/Carte d'Identité/Passport, but I have always lived in the states.
Now I've decided to move to France, and will be searching for a job upon arriving.
How do I get a social security number? What else do I need to do before or after arriving to properly integrate myself into the french system?
I have read that one must prove 3+ consecutive months of living in france to apply for social security. Does that apply to French citizens in my situation as well?
I would very much appreciate some help with this!
Thanks!

If you have   never had social security no , Once you get a job your employer will apply for it . After you arrive you will have to change your  address in France on your passport and Carte d'identité.

Not to worry. Just go through the process in a month you ll be on track. France is nice with health insurance. You have the same right once you show that you have an address. This is not the States where you must pay for everything.

Tiasma wrote:

Not to worry. Just go through the process in a month you ll be on track. France is nice with health insurance. You have the same right once you show that you have an address. This is not the States where you must pay for everything.

This thread is 6 years old, and the OP has not made a post in that time.

Closed